Holiday Sewing/Craft Thread

H

HouseCat

Hey Fellow Sewing Enthusiasts.

I have decided to sew up a few things for Christmas gifts this year. I have already sewn up a few pinto-bean and rice heat/cold packs with slipcovers and sent them for birthday presents. They were a smash since most of my family and friends are all old and broken like me. hehe.

Anyway, this year, I've decided to sew aprons for brother #3, since he loves to cook. The wife like to bake as well, so maybe some Christmas themed aprons hand made with love from Sis might be a great idea. (Thought that counts and all that, right?...I hope.) There is all sort of cheap-o Holiday fabric on eBay, so I've got a few on bid right now. Also, I would like to make a matching one for the daughter, and have it embroidered to say, "Mrs. Claus Little Helper"...Mom's will say, "Mrs. Clause", and bro's will say "Santa Clause" ....(they are HUGE into holiday decorations so they will love this, trust me.)

Anyway, the only problem I'm having is I dont have an embroiderer...or way to embroider those things on the apron. Any ideas around this aside from taking them to an expensive embroidery shop? If you frequent JoAnn Fabrics or Michaels, let me know if you've seen something that will work.

Thanks!

Post your holiday projects here too! What are you working on? Doesn't have to be sewing...can be a craft, or project of some sort.