Yard Waste Locations Set Up for St. Mary's County

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
St. Mary’s Department of Public Works has established two locations that will accept yard waste only, free of charge. Yard waste includes logs, limbs, stumps, brush, leaves. All other solid waste must go to the landfill and convenience centers (open normal operating hours beginning tomorrow and normal charges apply). The two sites are located at the left side of Golden Beach Road, ½ mile east of MD Route 235 and on Piney Point Road, MD Route 249, ½ mile south of Happyland Road. Look for the “Yard Waste Dropoff” signs located at each entrance. Both sites will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM beginning Saturday, September 20, 2003, seven days a week until further notice. Please do not send yard waste to the St. Andrews Landfill during this time.

tpg

what about the northern areas?

I'm up in Morganza and have tons of debris from a huge gum tree blocking the driveway to 2-3 yards of misc debris. Your locations are MILES away.

R

residentofcre

How is Hickory Hills area? I work there...everything ok? Has anyone heard anything about Hickory Hills or Westmeath Way?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
tpg said:
I'm up in Morganza and have tons of debris from a huge gum tree blocking the driveway to 2-3 yards of misc debris. Your locations are MILES away.
That would be on Golden Beach RD.

As I sat watching TV and listening to the weather person saying we could expect 35MPH winds I was watching out the window as a steady 55 MPH wind and gusts to 70 were blowing the rain sidways. I heard them predict a 2 foot tidal surge as I watched the water go up over the piers and surge to 7 feet. certainly not on prognosticator said anything about the storm we were getting as opposed to the one they were reporting.

tpg

anyone see a sign on Golden Beach?

just drove back and forth, and don't see a sign anywhere??

S

slaphappynmd

This sounds like spring cleaning at the end of summer to me, trash it all!

Admin said:
St. Mary’s Department of Public Works has established two locations that will accept yard waste only, free of charge. Yard waste includes logs, limbs, stumps, brush, leaves. All other solid waste must go to the landfill and convenience centers (open normal operating hours beginning tomorrow and normal charges apply). The two sites are located at the left side of Golden Beach Road, ½ mile east of MD Route 235 and on Piney Point Road, MD Route 249, ½ mile south of Happyland Road. Look for the “Yard Waste Dropoff” signs located at each entrance. Both sites will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM beginning Saturday, September 20, 2003, seven days a week until further notice. Please do not send yard waste to the St. Andrews Landfill during this time.
I wonder if anything has changed in three years? :whistle:

* St. Mary's County Department of Public Works and Transportation has established two locations that will accept yard waste only, free of charge. Yard waste includes logs, limbs, stumps, brush, and leaves. All other solid waste must go to the landfill and convenience centers. The two sites are located as follows: the Kessler Development Company sight, adjacent to Kessler Body and Equipment Company on Three Notch Road in Dameron; and the Knott's site on Piney Point Road, MD Route 249, ½ mile south of Happyland Road in Valley Lee. Look for the "Yard Debris Burn Site" signs located at each entrance. Both sites will be open from 2:30 PM to 8:00 PM on Saturday, September 2, 2006. Beginning September 3, 2006, both sites will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM seven days a week until further notice.

I wonder if they'll be charging for yard waste at the St Andrews land fill? I guess I'll go find out later on.

desertrat said:
* St. Mary's County Department of Public Works and Transportation has established two locations that will accept yard waste only, free of charge. Yard waste includes logs, limbs, stumps, brush, and leaves. All other solid waste must go to the landfill and convenience centers. The two sites are located as follows: the Kessler Development Company sight, adjacent to Kessler Body and Equipment Company on Three Notch Road in Dameron; and the Knott's site on Piney Point Road, MD Route 249, ½ mile south of Happyland Road in Valley Lee. Look for the "Yard Debris Burn Site" signs located at each entrance. Both sites will be open from 2:30 PM to 8:00 PM on Saturday, September 2, 2006. Beginning September 3, 2006, both sites will be open from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM seven days a week until further notice.

I wonder if they'll be charging for yard waste at the St Andrews land fill? I guess I'll go find out later on.
Charging? You have to be open to charge, guess I'll find out tomorrow. Can our poor county not afford to pay three people to work today?