@#%$&*$%!!!$#($%*#@*!!!! Skins...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't know which is more important:

That they never quit, came back and had a shot

or...

That this bone headedness is a staple of the team and the fact that so many veterans are screwing up that there is no hope.

I'm seeing yellow in my sleep.

Flag! Aww! Illegal clipboard throwing, 15 yards! Bad breathe! That'll cost you five and the TD comes back!"

Hell, I saw a TON a holds on both teams the refs didn't even bother with, including the winning field goal (see front page of Wash Post Sports)

Trotter. Samuels. Jansen. For the love of...

It was damn exciting and they protected Patrick pretty good, so...

15-1 is OK with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haillllllltttooooottthhhaaa...........

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How were they...

...robbed?

I'm the worst homer I know and I have to admit the Giants did enough to win. The Giants were robbed last year at San Fran. Their chance was taken by the ref not calling interference on the last play. The Skins may have gotten robbed from the standpoint of giving it away all day and never getting a proper 'thank you'.

Good teams take advantage of opportunities. Hell, the refs threw 15 flags on the Giants!

Parity is the word in the NFL. Most teams are very equally matched in terms of talent so, a penalty, a coin toss, whatever, taking advantage is the difference usually.

The thing that scares me is that the Skins are above average in talent except the D line. If they, the whole team, didn't make so many mistakes they would have killed both the Jets and Falcons instead of squeeking by. Take away just 1/2 the mistakes of yesterday and they win by two touchdowns, easy.

This is a critical juncture. The veterans are not leading and the coaches are not getting the point across and they are skating by on talent. This is life free agency, especially the Snyder Redskins, where team continuity must be built in two years or salary catches up, you lose everybody and you start over.

One of three things is going to happen now:

They may come together over this and have a really great year.

They may keep stopping and starting along with all the talent and mistakes and cause heart attacks region wide all season, sneaking into the playoffs.

They may implode and be just another .500 team in search of 'it'.

Coaches can only do so much when the owner has already paid everybody like they are the best thing since sliced bread.

It's up to the players.

The problem with that...is that they have no real concept as to when the play starts or the play stops. Blocking and tackling seem to be the same thing. Making a good play is no reason to simply go back to the huddle and do it again until some rubbing in goes on...