Harry Potter Books vs. Movies

Geek

I live my Harry Potter books, but I really dislike the Dumbledore they have in the movies. He seems so uncalm. Almost manic. I really liked the first one who passed away.

Anybody else frustrated by this dude?

Gwydion

My fiance was. Considering I never watched the movies between official releases, I didn't even know they were different until she mentioned it.

donbarzini

I live my Harry Potter books, but I really dislike the Dumbledore they have in the movies. He seems so uncalm. Almost manic. I really liked the first one who passed away.

Anybody else frustrated by this dude?

Yeah, I think Ian McKellen would have been better. He played Magneto in the "X-Men" movies.

K

kris31280

Yeah, the actor they have now isn't quite as good.

I'm rereading the entire series in preparation for the new movie release... the end of this month, right?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Yeah, the actor they have now isn't quite as good.

I'm rereading the entire series in preparation for the new movie release... the end of this month, right?
Heck no, they rescheduled the release months ago. July 17 now.

WidowLady06

lost in the numbers
No, I think the Dumbledore is absolutely awful. I enjoy the movies, but I always have a problem watching movies after I read the book. The characters are never quite what I had imagined and they always have to cut so much out. Of course, it would make sense that I don't read the books first, but I can't seem to do that.:smack:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I'm sitting here listening to "Deathly Hallows" right now. Jim Dale has read all 7 books for audio release, and he does a great job.

Hope none of the other actors croak before the last movies are complete, because I've never been happy with the "new" Dumbledore...

(and I'm tickled that they're making DH into 2 movies, I would have hated to see any of that book left out of the movie...)