Cheerleading Nutcases

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyone else have cheerleading coaches that are absolutely wacked? Three weeks ago, apparently the girls did a cheer at a game that the coach (who wasn't even there) didn't approve of. They're STILL running laps over it! We had a big parents meeting tonight and the coach and director are going off about how bad the girls are and how we need to get a better handle on them. Over a stupid cheer! THREE WEEKS AGO!!! I'm like, "Get the hell over it and get a real life." :duh:

None of these people show up for games - not the coach, not the director, not the asst. coach - NOBODY. They literally leave the girls to fend for themselves. Plus that, the coach is this Nazi stormtrooper who goes off on these girls like some nutball, screaming and yelling and acting like an idiot. She puts Spurrier to shame.

So, anyway, rant over. The upshoot is that I'm going to apply to coach the cheerleaders for basketball this season. Change it from within, right? :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One more thing: The assistant coach's daughter works with our oldest at the pizza joint. Apparently she calls her daughter AT WORK to scream at her about whatever she's pizzed about. This happens several times a week.

Freaks, I tell ya.

K

Kain99

When Ryan started playing football I was in shock! I thought My God! these coaches are wacked! Making the boys run hills over the dumbest stuff, making them warm the bench, Making them run laps till their noses bleed...... But then it hit me! These coaches are making a man outta my baby. Now of course we don't have this excuse with your daughter but maybe they are using some similar philosophy. We can't run in and rescue our babies forever. Sometimes our bosses suck.... sometimes our friends suck etc. Life is not always fair! Baby girl might as well learn now, that Momma won't always be there to right every injustice. JMHO :smile:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Kain99
When Ryan started playing football
Doug played football and it didn't bother me - the boys would run to the side and puke during practice, then they'd run right back to their drills. :lol:

The laps don't bother me - I was like, "Oh well, take your lumps." It's the endless big deal that's getting on my nerves. I just feel like she should have said, hey, you screwed up, ran 'em around and that's the end of it. But the haranguing just goes on and on and on... Both the director and the coach were considering quitting - OVER A CHEER! I feel sorry for their husbands! Can you imagine? :duh:

The offending cheer consisted of them doing a few moves, then licking their thumb and touching their hipped out butts, going, "Tsss....." You know the move I mean - "We're HOT!" Okay, mildly inappropriate but not worth all this. I mean, Jesus! If you hold a grudge for three weeks over that, what would REALLY set you off?

Steve

Enjoying life!
There is a cheer down here that has a line that says something like "We're gonna WHOOP you!" and as they say WHOOP they turn around and flip up their skirts real quickly, revealing their kick pants (shorts). Big deal, it's all in fun. This cheer seems far worse than what you describe, Vrai. And all the teams use it.

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
One more thing: The assistant coach's daughter works with our oldest at the pizza joint. Apparently she calls her daughter AT WORK to scream at her about whatever she's pizzed about. This happens several times a week.

Freaks, I tell ya.

If she's calling her daughter at work and venting her anger, sounds like she needs a little help in the anger management area. Sounds like one of those that yell at their kids all the time for no reason and then take it out on the Cheerleader squad as well.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
No matter how inappropriate the cheer was (and it doesn't sound all THAT bad for high school kids) the coach has no right to biotch and moan if she can't even show up for the games. She's probably upset b/c if the girls continue to do this kinda stuff, she'll feel obliged to attend the games and give up her Fri/Sat nights. She already should feel obliged and she should've thought of that b/f volunteering to do this.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Steve
There is a cheer down here that has a line that says something like "We're gonna WHOOP you!" and as they say WHOOP they turn around and flip up their skirts real quickly, revealing their kick pants (shorts). Big deal, it's all in fun. This cheer seems far worse than what you describe, Vrai. And all the teams use it.

my daughter's cheer team does that one ... "we got the power to, we got the power to, we got the power to ... Whoop You" ... it's not a big deal (I don't think). Like Steve said, they have kick pants (or at least underwear) on. If they were "whooping" their thongs for show, I'd have some heartburn.

Screw the coach vrai! Ours sucks too. Left her kid with us to go do one of those fru fru parties for home interiors or some crap! :yikes: and none of us knew the father, what he looked like, etc. She doesn't get my vote for parent OR coach of the year. :ohwell: You're doing the right thing. Remove the problem and call the shots yourself. :wink: