Finding a books value

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Someone gave me a book a few years ago and he thought it might be worth something and asked me to check it out and see if I could get anything for it. I set it aside and thought nothing more of it until I came across it the other day.

So how do I find out if a book is worth anything?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Try an internet search for the book by title, see what ya' come up with. You may find a book dealer with that title, see what the dealer is charging for it.

Bookbum

Normally just a lurker
A books is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Check out the same book (edition, publisher, etc) in the same condition (very important) on Amazon.com, Alibris.com, ABEBooks.com and even bookfinder.com. Look at the lowest value for a comparable book and you'll have an approximation of what it's worth, but remember, no one has bought that book you're looking at on line, so it may be overprices.

The best thing to do is to have a reputable book dealer appraise the book, but that isn't free, so be sure it's worth it to you.

jen8753

I have garlic breath.
Someone gave me a book a few years ago and he thought it might be worth something and asked me to check it out and see if I could get anything for it. I set it aside and thought nothing more of it until I came across it the other day.

So how do I find out if a book is worth anything?

What book is it?