Food Donations Appreciated!!

navigator

Due to the economy and a record number of intakes, Second Hope Rescue is looking for donations of pet food. We have many wonderful dogs and cats in our care and would appreciate any donation of any size. Second Hope Rescue, as a 501 (C) 3 non-profit charity, will supply a tax receipt if needed. Any donation will be tax deductible. Donations can be dropped off at Petco this Saturday, December 13 from 11am to 4pm or pick up may be arranged by calling Second Hope Rescue at 240-925-0628 or emailing mary@secondhoperescue.org. The rescue animals thank you!!

dawn

Due to the economy and a record number of intakes, Second Hope Rescue is looking for donations of pet food. We have many wonderful dogs and cats in our care and would appreciate any donation of any size. Second Hope Rescue, as a 501 (C) 3 non-profit charity, will supply a tax receipt if needed. Any donation will be tax deductible. Donations can be dropped off at Petco this Saturday, December 13 from 11am to 4pm or pick up may be arranged by calling Second Hope Rescue at 240-925-0628 or emailing mary@secondhoperescue.org. The rescue animals thank you!!

Which Petco will you guy be at on Saturday? Is there a speicific kind they usually give the animals? If I switch food on my animals they usually have tummy problems.

navigator

Which Petco will you guy be at on Saturday? Is there a speicific kind they usually give the animals? If I switch food on my animals they usually have tummy problems.

Petco in California. We generally use Purina One or Pedigree. :)

navigator

Petco in California. We generally use Purina One or Pedigree. :)

UPDATE: Frequent Flyer has offered to accept pet food donations from our Calvert County friends at Pepper's Pet Pantry so you don't have to come over the bridge! Thank You AGAIN FF for your continued support of rescue!!

frequentflier

happy to be living
UPDATE: Frequent Flyer has offered to accept pet food donations from our Calvert County friends at Pepper's Pet Pantry so you don't have to come over the bridge! Thank You AGAIN FF for your continued support of rescue!!

A lady came in Monday with some food her dog couldn't eat and asked to give it to you all.

Though I know food is the biggest necessity, we can also accept donations of towels, blankets, kitty litter, crates, carriers and other pet related items for the animals!

frequentflier

happy to be living
I do have some food here for Second Hope. Just an idea but coupons for food would help, too. The mnfgrs are putting out a lot more lately. Because I get 3 papers and have a post office box and receive mail at home...I get a lot of coupons.
Clip them and drop them off or mail them to the group.

DiamondGirl

Doesn't Pepper's have food for sale that you could purchase at her store and just leave there, save yourself the hassle of loading it and unloading it :)
You can even purchase gift certificates at Peppers to put in the stocking :) What a great idea! Then SHR could get what they need for their four legged friends.
I will bring by some items this weekend.

SoftballCrazy

Hope God blesses everyone for their generous donations yesterday at Petco! What an awesome day, many thanks to everyone who stopped by...what a great community.
:huggy:

K

Kain99

Food Lion donates all damaged bags of dog food to local charities. Give them a call. A average delivery yields 20 damaged bags.

navigator

Food Lion donates all damaged bags of dog food to local charities. Give them a call. A average delivery yields 20 damaged bags.

We are currently in the process of working with local groceries to make them part of SHARP (Second Hope Animal Rescue Partnership). Thanks for the suggestion! We hate to think of pet food thrown away when so many rescues are in need.

Hoover

I have 4 cans of dog food that the breeder gave me for the new puppy. We give our dogs Nutro Max Dry - can you take the 4 cans? Also I have a cat scratching post, litter box and feeder we bought for the new Bengal but she isnt using it - can we donate that also?

dgates80

Land of the lost
I have 4 cans of dog food that the breeder gave me for the new puppy. We give our dogs Nutro Max Dry - can you take the 4 cans? Also I have a cat scratching post, litter box and feeder we bought for the new Bengal but she isnt using it - can we donate that also?

Yes, all donations are welcome! SHR has cats and dogs. Many cats and dogs!
Thanks for everyone that showed up today at PPP!
Special big Thanks to Kathy from SHR that brought a lot of food and sodas.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Yes, all donations are welcome! SHR has cats and dogs. Many cats and dogs!
Thanks for everyone that showed up today at PPP!
Special big Thanks to Kathy from SHR that brought a lot of food and sodas.

Yes, Kathy had lots of munchies. It was nice to see peeps and get the chance to just hang out and chat for a bit. I received my microchipping lessons today! Chipped my first two.:dye:They were good for me and held real still....

navigator

Donations may be dropped at Pepper's or email mary@secondhoperescue.org to coordinate a pick-up. Thank You!!