Anyone work at FORD?

glhs837

Power with Control
You might get more info if you just post the question. Sometimes theres people here who know more about a given product than the folks that work there.

PickUpTrash

HA, ok - it's not really "public" question though... Some dealerships have wheels and tires that they take off vehicles when someone purchases a vehicle and wants to "upgrade" to different wheels..... Then they sell these tires for like a hundred bucks to people because they won't be used. Wondering if anyone works at FORD and if Ford does this - and can help me out!

SShewbert

What love is all about
HA, ok - it's not really "public" question though... Some dealerships have wheels and tires that they take off vehicles when someone purchases a vehicle and wants to "upgrade" to different wheels..... Then they sell these tires for like a hundred bucks to people because they won't be used. Wondering if anyone works at FORD and if Ford does this - and can help me out!

So your looking for used tires?

Have you tried anywhere else or just have to get them from Ford?

PickUpTrash

NO, these are brand new tires taken off new vehicles that Ford would have laying around... Other dealerships do it, wondering if Ford does it. (This would be why it was a PM question - don't think they are "suppose" to do it...)

glhs837

Power with Control
NO, these are brand new tires taken off new vehicles that Ford would have laying around... Other dealerships do it, wondering if Ford does it. (This would be why it was a PM question - don't think they are "suppose" to do it...)

See, this is why you should post publicly, I have a little knowledge about this, and just maybe a contact that can get you the answers you need. See, they really are called "take-offs" in the industry. More common to custom shops, but more and more dealerships are putting custom wheels on new cars. When they do so, they must do something with the factory ones. If possible, they order the car with the cheapie wheels, or use them to upgrade a base model and add a few bucks to its price.

Scion, for example, knowing a bunch of its customers will go right to aftermarket wheels, allows you to order the vehicle with cheapie black steel wheels, which I think get sent right back to the factory to be reused. Most other makers are not that in tune

I'll send a message to my guy, who has buddies up at Waldorf Ford/Dodge. Might take a day or two. As to the legality, its maybe of questionable morality, to not at least credit the buyer with the value of the take-offs, but no more so than lots of dealership practices.

Last edited:

PickUpTrash

THANKS glhs837, I'd appreciate it.... just don't want to get anyone "in trouble", ya know?!

Thanks though, I will check back!

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
When I was working at Ford we had a customer come in and bought a Mustang GT but wanted the 18s on it instead of the stock 17s...

The 17s that where taken off and placed onto another Mustang and sold as Aftermarket Factory Accessories. The ones that came off that Mustang where placed on another Mustang (used one).

glhs837

Power with Control
When they do so, they must do something with the factory ones. If possible, they order the car with the cheapie wheels, or use them to upgrade a base model and add a few bucks to its price.

Aha, got it right!!!!!!!:buddies: