Looking for a Good Game...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
For Xbox 360.

Hubby leaves for Iraq in March for a year. I'll have the Xbox to myself but I don't really like the games he has, most are shoot 'em up games and the ones we play together, like Madden, etc. I'm looking for a game that's on that same lines as the old Zelda, Link, etc. Something where you have to find things and beat bosses. Do they still make these type of games? I haven't really looked at games since I had a PS2 so I'm not sure what's out there.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
GO to the game place next to Best Buy and ask for Leisure Suit Larry 3D.

I think its EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
If you like the old Zelda games you'd probably be interested in some of the RPGs that are out. On that note, Fable 2 is really good.

Also, even though you say you don't like "shoot 'em up" games, look into Fallout 3 (which is as much an action/adventure game as a FPS), Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry, or Assassin's Creed.

And, if all else fails, get Rock Band 2 and invite your friends over for a party. Always a hit.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
If you like the old Zelda games you'd probably be interested in some of the RPGs that are out. On that note, Fable 2 is really good.

Also, even though you say you don't like "shoot 'em up" games, look into Fallout 3 (which is as much an action/adventure game as a FPS), Prince of Persia, Devil May Cry, or Assassin's Creed.

And, if all else fails, get Rock Band 2 and invite your friends over for a party. Always a hit.

Got Assasin's Creed for the DS, love it. I thought of Prince of Persia and it looks pretty awesome for the 360. I've gone through the Game Informer magazines, but wanted to get some input from people that have played the games.

R

RadioPatrol

is the dogs nuts .........

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
For Xbox 360.

Hubby leaves for Iraq in March for a year. I'll have the Xbox to myself but I don't really like the games he has, most are shoot 'em up games and the ones we play together, like Madden, etc. I'm looking for a game that's on that same lines as the old Zelda, Link, etc. Something where you have to find things and beat bosses. Do they still make these type of games? I haven't really looked at games since I had a PS2 so I'm not sure what's out there.

So let me get this straight.

Your husband is going to Iraq and taking his Wii with him, so your looking for something to make it a little more fun to play with your X-Box?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
So let me get this straight.

Your husband is going to Iraq and taking his Wii with him, so your looking for something to make it a little more fun to play with your X-Box?

No, the Wii belongs to my daughter. The Xbox belongs to hubby and me. Right now he uses the Xbox so I don't use it that much. When he leaves he will take his PSP, can't really take anything bigger like the Xbox. I just wanted a good game to use on the Xbox while he's gone, I doubt I'll even use it that much. I tried the Shaun White game and couldn't get into it. I love the Madden Football, but we usually play that together.

On a side note, I found a copy of Fable The Lost Chapters for the PC (realy cheap) and have been messing with that and it's really fun, I can only imagine what Fable 2 would be like for the Xbox, maybe it will be the game I'm looking for.

Terps

No, the Wii belongs to my daughter. The Xbox belongs to hubby and me. Right now he uses the Xbox so I don't use it that much. When he leaves he will take his PSP, can't really take anything bigger like the Xbox. I just wanted a good game to use on the Xbox while he's gone, I doubt I'll even use it that much. I tried the Shaun White game and couldn't get into it. I love the Madden Football, but we usually play that together.

On a side note, I found a copy of Fable The Lost Chapters for the PC (realy cheap) and have been messing with that and it's really fun, I can only imagine what Fable 2 would be like for the Xbox, maybe it will be the game I'm looking for.

Fable 2 is supposed to be one of the best games of the year. I'd definitely try it out. Playing Madden online could also be an option - I play Madden online all the time, where you can play against a person or play in an online tournament (like EA Sports's "Champions of Gaming" tournament).

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Fable 2 is supposed to be one of the best games of the year. I'd definitely try it out. Playing Madden online could also be an option - I play Madden online all the time, where you can play against a person or play in an online tournament (like EA Sports's "Champions of Gaming" tournament).

Game Informer magazine has Fable 2 at number 1 with 9.25. I don't think I've ever seen them give a game a 10. I wanted to get the one for the PC because it was cheap and if I didn't like it no big deal. I like it and can't wait to try the one for the Xbox now.