Good news from Minnesota

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: The Yankees won! Thuh uh- uh-uh Yankees won!

They beat the Twins 3 - 1, Clemens looked as awesome as he's ever looked all year. Mariano Rivera retired the side in the ninth; just like in the past!

Go New York!!!

The Red Sox should go down next:cheers:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:biggrin: AWW, nobody is jumping on the Yankees bandwagon??

Well for your edification, they beat the Minnesota Twins again yesterday, to take the series, and go back home to await the winners of the Red Sox/Oakland A's matchup.

Should be a good series, no matter who they play.

Later gang!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:killingme Otter.

Penn, loved our date the other night. See, two totally different sports minds can come together for a night of fun!! :love:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:huggy: :flowers: Yeah Catt, I totally agree with you. Rational people should be able to put aside their love of one team or another, and come together and have a great time.

If only some other folks could bridge that gap. Oh well:wink:

I enjoyed your company tremendously the other night!:cheers:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Yankees...

...have been what is worst in baseball for a very long time. They are almost always an All-star team because they are the big market and the big spenders.

If that equals winning (all you have to do is count up the World Series they've won) then the sport in it is gone. Superior talent almost always does the job over a long haul like a 162 game season. With baseballs current fan malaise, something may need to be done to make the leagues interesting again.

I'm getting ready to post a diatribe about my beloved Skins so, you'll not think me wearing blinders.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: The Yankees...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...have been what is worst in baseball for a very long time. They are almost always an All-star team because they are the big market and the big spenders.

If that equals winning (all you have to do is count up the World Series they've won) then the sport in it is gone. .

I'm getting ready to post a diatribe about my beloved Skins so, you'll not think me wearing blinders.
:wah: :bawl: :wah: :bawl:
So Larry, it's only the NY Yankees that go out and spend the dough to build a winning team? How many of them were selected to the AL All Star Team; 3 or 4 players?

The Washington Redskins don't do it, huh?

The Baltimore Orioles don't do it either, huh?

The Boston Red Sox, not them, please!

The LA Dodgers won't open their bank account, either, eh?

In fact no major sports franchise won't do it, I suppose.

Weak argument, Larry.

It comes down to which team(franchise) can afford it, and how much it's willing to spend to put a winner on the field.

Maybe a sad state of affairs, but why would you want to field a mediocre team to represent your city or state?

Otter

Nothing to see here
Come on, Penn...you can't compare football teams to baseball teams..in case you haven't heard, there is a CAP in football so that comparison is void. The Yankees have the biggest revenue stream plus their owner is willing and able to spend the money on top flight players. I'll give you 100 dollars, Penn, recruit a ball team and I'll give myself 1,000,000 to recruit a team..we'll see who wins..Doesn't always work out that the high dollar teams win it all, but more times than not, they are in position to.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey...

...read my post about Snyder! I include the Skins in this.

I am afraid that if Snyder succeeds doing what he did then football will lose as a whole for it.

Including the Orioles in this is silly. Where you been for the last fews years? Angelos has decidely not participated in things like the Giambi stakes etc. His last big buck masterpiece was the Belle fiasco. Look around the league and you will see great ex-Orioles everywhere including Moose in the Big Apple.

The Redsox don't count; there is a curse against them.

The Diamondbacks did it. The Braves have done it, keeping a great rotation together for an awful long time. Need I point out the Marlins win a few years back? The following season everything was for sale! Now look at the Pirates, Brewers, Devil Rays, Expos, Padres etc, etc, etc...

The Orioles used to compete because of a good organization that could find and develop talent AND KEEP them. That's gone.

The Yankees are in a class by themselves in terms of dollars spent and success on the field. Look around at the 'no-chance' teams. It's not good for the sport.

I don't want the same thing to happen in football and part of me hopes it fails for the Skins because it benefits the game and the fans if more teams have a chance.