Starting to think....

K

Kizzy

If, he isn’t helping around the house now, I wouldn't expect him to later on after the baby is born. For the 1st several years of my marriage, I cleaned the house inside and out while working more than full time and going to college. Then, it was fine, but after the kids were born, I had to crack the whip. I was simply tired of doing EVERYTHING around the house. But, don’t get angry and upset, sometimes you just need to tell him what you need him to do, and he may just do it. Now, my hubby will not go out of his way to do any of the household chores unless I tell him. He knows that ticks me off, because I feel he is a grown man and knows that dishes and cloths need to be washed. And other than that, I’ve lowered my standards. The house doesn’t have to look like Martha Stewart is coming to visit. It just needs to be somewhat picked up.

And Tigger, it isn’t just men. My boss was very upset this week because his wife only works part-time and never shops, cleans, or does anything that even looks like HELP in the house. He was just having a bad moment and blurted out that he shouldn’t have to tell her what needs to be done, she should know. So, she is the same way.

Then, there are those people who cannot possibly donate one ounce of energy after a long day in the office even when the spouse does. They get in the door and mentally shut down. They simply want to vegetated in front of the TV and go to bed.

TWLs wife

He had to shock me, Right

I e-mailed him and told how I felt It worked. I get a call from him at Dinner tonight. :confused:
I he said he got my e-mail & he was sorry.:rolleyes:
I came home THE WHOLE HOUSE WAS CLEAN:shocked: :shocked:

He finelly heard me.:biggrin:
Now I need to more slowly. I STILL LOVE HIM.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Huh. My girlfriend called me once complaining about this very same thing. Hubby wouldn't clean, wouldn't do laundry, wouldn't do dishes, yadda yadda.

I said, "When was the last time you cut the grass?" She said, "Never."

I said, "When was the last time you took the car in for repairs or even an oil change?" She said, "Never."

I said, "When the plumbing went crazy, what did you do?" She very quietly said, "I called Mike and he came and took care of it."

Add to that, she wasn't working outside the home at the time.

When you don't have a job, the house IS your job. He shouldn't have to come home from work, busting his butt to keep a roof over ya'lls head and food in your stomachs, then have to clean, too.

Just my 2 cents.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Huh. My girlfriend called me once complaining about this very same thing. Hubby wouldn't clean, wouldn't do laundry, wouldn't do dishes, yadda yadda.

I said, "When was the last time you took the car in for repairs or even an oil change?" She said, "Never."

I said, "When the plumbing went crazy, what did you do?" She very quietly said, "I called Mike and he came and took care of it."

When you don't have a job, the house IS your job. He shouldn't have to come home from work, busting his butt to keep a roof over ya'lls head and food in your stomachs, then have to clean, too.

Just my 2 cents.

It's ok. I know what your saying. Right now he's home for awhile. So I asked him to help. He's been bearly working anywhere two weeks now. But I'm not really able to all of it right now. The baby can be here anyday now. It's feels lower. So I asked for help once in four months. He finally help me out :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by TIGGER6035
If he doesn't help now, How will it be when the baby comes? Does anyone know to get him in the real world?:frown: :frown:

Posting your problem on an open forum, where he is sure to see you have aired your problem BEFORE you have discussed it with him is surely not the best step.

TWLs wife

Re: Re: Starting to think....

Originally posted by Pete
Posting your problem on an open forum, where he is sure to see you have aired your problem BEFORE you have discussed it with him is surely not the best step.

It was one of the only I could get him to hear how I felt.:biggrin:

Pete

Repete
Re: Re: Re: Starting to think....

Originally posted by kwillia
I don't know about that, Pete... I'm willing to bet that Larry, Speedo, 2nd Amendment and Steve also so the post and decided to do the housework for their spouses this weekend...:bubble:

How much?

Pete

Repete

Originally posted by TIGGER6035
It was one of the only I could get him to hear how I felt.:biggrin:

Public humiliation, the only way? I smell trouble for you.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
2A has "honey-do's" which is mostly fix it stuff that I'm not good at.

Steve

Enjoying life!
Wow

Originally posted by vraiblonde

Just my 2 cents.

I didn't expect this from you!

Steve

Enjoying life!

Originally posted by kwillia
I don't know about that, Pete... I'm willing to bet that Larry, Speedo, 2nd Amendment and Steve also so the post and decided to do the housework for their spouses this weekend...:bubble:

Decided to do the housework? I do housework honey!

And you apparently know it!!