Who's running Netscape 7.1??

J

justhangn

Likes or dislikes........

I downloaded it a few minutes ago, it took FOREVER to finish the install.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by justhangn

I had it til Windows 98 got hosed on my PC and I had to re-install Windows. Now, I can't get it to install and I had to revert back to Netscape 6.1..I've messed with it twice in the last 6 weeks(2 nights ago, as a matter of fact) and I haven't a clue why it won't install. I really liked Netscape 7.1, big improvement over 6.1.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Try Mozilla. It is the open source version of Netscape and is always more advanced. Mozilla has a junk mail system that you "train" to recognize junk mail. It will then move it to a junk folder. You can review it or let the system delete it on a time out or configure it to do somethng else.

All of Mozilla is highly configurable. Runs on Windows too. At least the versions that don't have IE embedded in it run Mozilla. Mozilla 1.4 is what Sharon uses. I use mozilla 1.5rc2 which is experimental.

I won't use IE, but then I don't like anything about Microjunk.

K

Kizzy

I’m just a novice user when it comes to using any other browser than IE. But with IE, I was getting sick of the pop up messages telling me that IE needs to shut down and requesting if I want to send an error report to MS. I'd go days, weeks even without an error message than I'd get them one after another, usually after an IE update. Netscape is another pop up hell. Mozilla is nice because of the pop up control, the benefit of the bookmarks being in order for a quick find (unlike IE), the prompts upon downloading, and a much better password and download manager. Now, I know why Mozilla was rated #1 by PC Magazine and like I said, I'm only a novice user. Those with more experience may be able to tell others about other benifits I haven't pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bertha Venation

Originally posted by justhangn

I like it okay. It's infinitely better than version 6 (isn't anything?). I can't use it with sites that have Java apps. If I visit a site and it turns out to have Java on the front page, I go get a soda, hit the head, scoop out the cat boxes... when I come back the page might be done loading. Other than that, I like it. I like the tabs, and that you can bookmark a set of tabs.