Sheep

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Who likes them?
Who don't?

I do! I prefer lamb to mutton though. Especially when prepared on skewers after a good soak in a greek marinade. Shoulder works nicely but it's hard to find that cut. I have a whole greek menu for entertaining in the summer, tasty and great on the grill.

A nice standing rack of lamb is good too, have the bones frenched and don't overcook!

Mutton isn't usually found in grocery stores in the states. I've eaten it in the middle east and the UK though. Don't care for it much.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Who likes them?
Who don't?

I love sheep. My grandparents raised them and it was my job every summer to shear them. I wasn't very good, they looked like they had been butchered but my hands were so soft afterwords from all the oils from their skin. We would even raise one in the kitchen now and then when they had twins and the mother would reject one. My favorite was Freckles. She was a very smart baby who took to us as her mother quickly. When she would drink from the bottle her tail would twitch as fast as she would suck. The down side of them was they were forever getting out of the field and I would have to go up to the grave yard and herd them back, then fix the fence. I was thinking about getting one for my farm but have decided against it since I have board fencing now and it would never stay in that. Their poop makes great fertilizer for house plants. Grandma would soak some in water and water her plants with the "tea". Grandma had a wonderful flower porch and I still have some of her plants in my farmhouse over twenty years since she died. She was my best friend and I still miss her very much.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• Andy's sheep.jpg
    Andy's sheep.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 80