New Boat

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'm looking at a purchase of a new fishing boat this upcoming spring, and would like advise from any boat owners willing to offer it up. Any tips on maintinence, must have equipment, wasteful features etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kyle
I'm looking at a purchase of a new fishing boat this upcoming spring, and would like advise from any boat owners willing to offer it up. Any tips on maintinence, must have equipment, wasteful features etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have heard that the 2 happiest days ever are 1. The day you pick up your new boat. and 2. The day you get rid of that money pit.

Last edited:

Thanks.
Size? Type? I/O? Outboard? What are you fishing for? Where are you fishing?

wasteful features = carpet

must have equipment:
double battery setup
spare hub kit for the trailer
spring loaded bearing buddies

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: New Boat

Originally posted by huntr1
Size? Type? I/O? Outboard? What are you fishing for? Where are you fishing?

20-22', 150-200 HP Outboard, Four-Stroke Honda and Four Stroke Yamahas so far, Rock/Blue/Flounder etc., on the Bay.

Carpet was definitely out. Just for fishing.

Re: Re: Re: New Boat

20-22', 150-200 HP Outboard, Four-Stroke Honda and Four Stroke Yamahas so far, Rock/Blue/Flounder etc., on the Bay.

Carpet was definitely out. Just for fishing.

Kyle, here's the info on the boat I know about. Let me know if you want any more info.

25' with Bracket....Center Console with T-Top and electronics box. Leaning Post with built in Tackle Box with 8 draws. New Sitex VHF radio, New Sitex Color Finder (Last season), 2 roof rods, 2 burtha rod holders and 4 in gunnel rod holders, 4 leaning post rod holders, 6 under gunwhale rod storage holders. 2 large dry storage boxes, to large fish boxes and 1 livewell. Set of Outriggers. Boat can fish 8-10 poles with outriggers out, 6-8 without them out. Storage under console for clothing and gear.
Motor is a 225 Evenrude. Motor has 90psi on each piston and is strong. Do not have to mix gas and oil because it is oil injected and has a oil tank under console. Gas tank holds 150 gallons. Boat rides great in a chop and is smooth in rough seas and has a soft ride all around. GPS is negotable, it is not included in price.
Boat and motor are 1997 and boat make is a V.I.P.
Basicly everything on the motor has been replaced in the last 2 seasons both electronicly and mechincally. Carbs rebuilt, new gas lines, new stator (Electronis Brain), New Starter, powerpacks, steering, throttle and gear lines, new Fuel seperator, plugs, flywheel magnets, plug wires, steering box, Motor Bracket. Transom was replaced and rebuilt last season.

Asking 15,000 but it is negotable.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Appreciate it, but I'm not gonna be ready to throw down cash until March-April of next year.

That and I'm leaning more toward a new craft than used. Sounds like a hell of a bargain though.

Well, if you change your mind, let me know. The boat is great. Bob, the owner, has taken me out in it a number of times. Rides great. Cuts right thru the waves w/ no flex. Boat looks damn near brand new. With all the work he has done on it this year, it may as well be new. He is not advertising it, just casually for sale (i.e. if someone wants it and is willing to pay what he wants, he will sell it).

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Re: Re: New Boat

Originally posted by Pete
I have heard that the 2 happiest days ever are 1. The day you pick up your new boat. and 2. The day you get rid of that money pit.

That's why they call it a B.O.A.T. = Bring On Another Thousand :wink: