Bar Offers Day Care For Men While Women Shop

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Hamburg, Germany - Women in Hamburg, Germany now have an option when they go shopping.

Drag their significant other along - or drop him off at the "Maennergarten".

The Nox Bar is billing it as the nation's first kindergarten for men. It's charging a little less than 12 dollars to keep men occupied for a Saturday afternoon while their partners hit Hamburg's boutiques.

The bar offers games, home-improvement coaching and a meal - plus two beers. The manager says 20 men were dumped there the first week - and another 27 last Saturday.

He says the bar will take into account how popular the program is before deciding whether to keep it up. In the meantime, it's planning some new attractions - like mini car racing and cocktail courses.

Guys, just remember to say 'yes, dear'... :killingme

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry swears that all department stores and malls are designed by women - no place for the men to cop a squat while the chicks shop. I say they were designed by men so that they can have a legitimate complaint to make the women hurry up and quit spending money.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's the...

...reality:

Shopping happens.

Therefore, at some point an innocent man will be caught up in this maddness.

IF I was in the business of selling things to women AND there was a high degree of probability that a man may be involved, or at least the physical presence of his wallet, then I would make DAMN sure said victim had;

1. A place to sit down. Comfortable, convenient and NO WHERE NEAR the cash registers. A bathroom nearby is nice. Arm rests, your own not the stupid shared ones, are MANDATORY. If you are really cooking with gas there will be a foot rest of some sort. Some people call them...BAR STOOLS.

2. A TV (or nine) resting in multiple angles (so we can scan the females without being to conspicuous) with multiple SPORTS events running...ESPN, highlight tapes, a live game of some sort etc.

If I am trapped in a store I will even watch soccer.

So, what happens? All of a sudden I AM IN NO HURRY. I'm there helping..."Looks nice dear...no girls, to short..." I'm 'shopping'.

Go ahead girls, don't you need to get some stuff for spring? Socks? Gifts for somebody?

Economy? VIOLA

If you REALLY want to make some bucks, simply have some wait staff that hovers around this man area who are motivated to get you a beer and some pretzels. This person RUNS down to the attached whatever it is, Bennigans, TGIF, whatever, (cross marketing right?) and gets you a damn beer in 5 minutes or less.

I don't give a flying crap how much it costs. Just as soon as I have a cold one, ever other guy is gonna have one to. Justification: "Oh well. The women are ####ing away the mortgage. What's $5 for a beer and tip? I'll have two!"

In minutes Vrai will be done and SHE'll be in no hurry. Beerman!!!

I rest my case.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Been doing this for years

Our annual Christmas shopping date. Otter takes me to mall, I leave him in Ruby's or some other bar-type place with a TV and then I shop. Then Otter brings me home. Works very well.:biggrin:

SxyPrincess

Re: Been doing this for years

Originally posted by cattitude
Our annual Christmas shopping date. Otter takes me to mall, I leave him in Ruby's or some other bar-type place with a TV and then I shop. Then Otter brings me home. Works very well.:biggrin:
Hey, Otter...our plan has worked. We still meeting same time, same place this year? :cool:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Re: Re: Been doing this for years

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
Hey, Otter...our plan has worked. We still meeting same time, same place this year? :cool:

Yeah, but she always doubted my story that we saved gas cuz it was downhill to the Waldorf malls rather than Annapolis.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Sxy & Otter

Just do it out in the open and get it over with. All the other :gossip: on her is old and boring.:biggrin: