Vatican Says Condoms Don't Stop Aids

K

Kain99

Actually JL.... It's a scientific fact that condoms don't stop all STD's. :frown:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
What lengths will the Vatican go to in order to foist its beliefs on others?
Well, let's see:

Nazi sympathizer

Child molestation coverup

Money laundering

Mob ties

And yet that corrupt little guy that heads up the Catholic Church DARES to criticize Bush for the Iraq War.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by tater
Reminds me... didn't there used to be a candy called Aids? Whatever happened to it?

(how's that for goin off topic) ?:biggrin:
Don't think it was candy, but more of a diet aid. Some guys used it back in high school when trying to get to weight for wrestling. It made you pee a lot.

Marley007s

Adult Water Balloons

I find it hard to believe any group of people that knowingly has child molestors working for them. Not only that... The molestors are still allowed to be around the children. Thats a big, fat, :barf: :bawl: :boo: :cussing: , joke.....

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Adult Water Balloons

Originally posted by Marley007s
I find it hard to believe any group of people that knowingly has child molestors working for them. Not only that... The molestors are still allowed to be around the children. Thats a big, fat, :barf: :bawl: :boo: :cussing: , joke.....
Name one group that is protected from having a molester or pedophile as a member. They are in all occupations and walks of life and not all that belong to those groups or work for them are the deviants.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
Name one group that is protected from having a molester or pedophile as a member.
Okay, Ken, but most groups get rid of their members that are known child molestors. They typically don't stick them with other kids and pay hush money.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Okay, Ken, but most groups get rid of their members that are known child molestors. They typically don't stick them with other kids and pay hush money.
Like which ones? I would say that most hush it up unless it gets the attention that the priests have received. Then they try do the same thing, hide it and move them. I'm not saying what they are doing is right, only that there are probably more of them out there then we can even begin to imagine and the Catholic Church by no means has an exclusive right to them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
the Catholic Church by no means has an exclusive right to them.
Of course they don't. But can we agree that the church has a moral obligation that, say, the Republican National Committee or the UAW doesn't?

When the Boy Scouts get a molestor, they turn him out immediately and prosecute. They don't move him to another troop.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Of course they don't. But can we agree that the church has a moral obligation that, say, the Republican National Committee or the UAW doesn't?

When the Boy Scouts get a molestor, they turn him out immediately and prosecute. They don't move him to another troop.
Nope, I don't agree with that. I would say that they all have an equal moral obligation, abusing children is a crime no matter what your affiliations are. And most organizations try to police themselves to stay out of the limelight. The Catholic Church was just dumb to assume that their method of dealing with the issue would work.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Several years ago, the American Catholic bishops got together with the intent of making a statement supporting the use of condoms. They started to write something like, "We don't condone premarital sex, yet recognize it exists. AIDS has become an international crisis and condom use is in the interest of preventing the spread of this disease." But then they had the problem that they were promoting birth control, which is against the tenets of the church and they couldn't find a way out of that box, so they just decided not to issue the statement.

It sounds to me like the Vatican has put their foot in their mouth. They can't condone condom use because it's against a very important tenet of the church. Since AIDS is an international problem and the Church has an international scope, they are asked to back down on the condom thing in order to prevent the spread of this disease. They can't do that without contradicting themselves, so instead the come up with a statement that makes them look stupid instead. :duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nope, I don't agree with that.
Doesn't matter, you're still wrong. :razz:

These priests and their protectors not only abused children, but they abused the profound faith Christians place in religion and God, in general. Your religious leaders are supposed to be people you can place your utmost trust in, not just another bunch of predators you have to watch out for.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cmcdanal
they couldn't find a way out of that box, so they just decided not to issue the statement.
The Catholic Church rewrites the Bible all the time. Purgatory, Immaculate Conception, etc, etc. What's the problem with making up a new rule for condom usage?

Ken King

PREMO Member
Doesn't matter, you're still wrong. :razz:
Only in your non-mean mind.

These priests and their protectors not only abused children, but they abused the profound faith Christians place in religion and God, in general. Your religious leaders are supposed to be people you can place your utmost trust in, not just another bunch of predators you have to watch out for.
You trust them? I certainly never have. It's this myth that has led to people dropping their guard.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You trust them?
No, but I don't trust religion, period, or anything associated with it. Other people do, and in such a profound capacity that to abuse that trust is reprehensible.

There should be a place in this world where you can go and feel secure and safe. The church used to be that place but not anymore.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
The Catholic Church rewrites the Bible all the time. Purgatory, Immaculate Conception, etc, etc. What's the problem with making up a new rule for condom usage?

For one thing, it was only the Americans trying to come up with this statement, not the Vatican. And for another, the things you mention weren't written into the Bible, it was written into other documents in order to explain gaps in their interpretation of the Bible. The Church can ignore condoms and preach what they always have, abstience, and still talk about stopping the spread of AIDS. The problem comes when others point out that sometimes, especially in war-torn countries, people use sex to preserve their lives. The Church used to say if you had to choose between sex and death, you should pick death. They decided that was stupid and unrealistic but stop short of saying that if you are about to be raped, make sure your attacker puts on a condom first.

Ken King

PREMO Member
No, but I don't trust religion, period, or anything associated with it. Other people do, and in such a profound capacity that to abuse that trust is reprehensible.
Then that is their problem.

There should be a place in this world where you can go and feel secure and safe. The church used to be that place but not anymore.
For some maybe, for others (and historically) the church has been evil and nothing that could be considered safe, unless you were part of the church hierarchy.

Marley007s

though all jobs are supposed to do the right thing, I would think you would find it more so in the church. If a pedaphile is to teach your children how the word of god is written, wouldn't you find some kind of contradiction. Not only would it offend the word of god. It would offend all those who put their children in the care of that priest.

It is unfortunate that the group that is supposed to preach and support love for all, would also try to hide, lie, and cheat their way out of such a distasteful situation.

And not to forget the condoms... Use Lamb Skin... They're natural. Hence natural contraceptive..... :crazy: