looking for some poultry

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
does anyone know where I can get some hens (5) and maybe a guniekeet (sp) and a couple of male Peacocks cheap? we need the hens now but the others there is no hurry..

Spicober

does anyone know where I can get some hens (5) and maybe a guniekeet (sp) and a couple of male Peacocks cheap? we need the hens now but the others there is no hurry..

The Amish on Ryceville rd. The same road you take to the tack shop.The first right I believe has a sign for chickens.
Thats where I get all of my hens. I think they charge $3-$5 each, they'll box um up for you too. You can go to the farmers market, but they never seemed as healthy as the ones from there. JMO

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
went to the place they want 8 apiece and said they were not good sitters I need some other kind of hen if I want them to sit on their eggs to have more chicks .. Boy more to learn everyday..

If you get a couple of road island reds and then a little hen, forgot what they call them..but they will sit for the reds who are great layers. You can have mine! Oh yes,,,banty, that's the little one and she will sit on the others eggs and lay her own as well. Gotta male beautiful peacock who is at our house every day too.:howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
My little kiddo managed to get him once but didn't secure the pen right, sooooo, off he went... He is getting beautiful, big long tail so it is getting harder for him to fly away....therefore..:tap: just a matter of time!:whistle:

I'll bring the video camera....:whistle: Lancer is doing very good. We are going to breed the pheasant. We found a male to mate her with to get some babies. But we are going to try and buy a male so we have a pair...and raise our own....

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
I'll bring the video camera....:whistle: Lancer is doing very good. We are going to breed the pheasant. We found a male to mate her with to get some babies. But we are going to try and buy a male so we have a pair...and raise our own....
Lancer, please give me a huge hug and kiss for me!!! I'll let you know when the sneak attack is planned for Mr. Peacock,,right now he is trying to swoon the hens!!
I'll try and find the number for the fellow who has all those different types of birds. I think I remember him living near Mechanicsville off of Pony Rd???? Something like that,, maybe it was Pinto?:shrug:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
The Amish on Ryceville rd. The same road you take to the tack shop.The first right I believe has a sign for chickens.
Thats where I get all of my hens. I think they charge $3-$5 each, they'll box um up for you too. You can go to the farmers market, but they never seemed as healthy as the ones from there. JMO
:gossip: Hehe...many of them come from us...don't tell RC tho...

TC you'll be getting your broilers soon enough. You can mail order them too. CHEEP...no pun intended :lol:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
happyappygirl;3615346 TC you'll be getting your broilers soon enough. You can mail order them too. CHEEP...no pun intended :lol:[/QUOTE said:
mail order though you have to buy alot of chickens, guineas and peas we only want a few so we don't have to buy eggs . we don't have the space or money for that many birds.

ya I know I hope all this snow is gone by then I don't think Z wants to raise them in her room again :whistle: but then again we did not have a barn before .. Passo I might need to borrow your cage again .. cage for a homemade chicken?

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
TC, there is an ad in the Enterprise today for Free 28 Hens and 4 Roosters and some feed 703-304-5232