Gym People.. What Gyms do you go to?

SimplySouthern

Super Coolident
Hello!

I recently moved to Great Mills (my husband was relocated to PAX NAS) and I am looking for a good gym to go to that is reasonably priced. I have changed my eating habits and have noticed some results but I want to add excercise to the plan as well.

I havent been to a gym since August of last year (I fell of the wagon and gained the weight back.. ugh) so maybe there is someone out there in my situation who would like a gym buddy?

Thanks!

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
I would try to answer, but the only gym I've actually stepped foot in the last 2 years is Pro Fitness in Wildwood. (I took some time off :lol:)

Also, not to hijack your thread.

But does anyone here go to Pro Fitness in Wildwood? how busy are they around 6:30?

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
From my past expierences though.

The drill hall on base isn't bad, I don't hear many people who go there have many complaints.

World Gym in LP, I cannot comment on, the last time I went in there it was still Pro Fitness, so I have no clue as to what has changed.

Maximum in San Suci seems to be nice, but again, I haven't stepped foot in any of these places for a good while.

But, Im sure someone on these boards currently goes to one of the gyms in the county and can give you more details than I.

warneckutz

I would try to answer, but the only gym I've actually stepped foot in the last 2 years is Pro Fitness in Wildwood. (I took some time off :lol:)

Also, not to hijack your thread.

But does anyone here go to Pro Fitness in Wildwood? how busy are they around 6:30?

I'll go ahead and field this one. :biggrin:

Pro Fitness - :yay:

6:30pm is usually when the gym starts slowing down. Monday it's busy and as the week progresses you'll notice people drop off...

SimplySouthern

Super Coolident
Thanks! I have been juggling the thought of going to the base gym BUT... I have heard from my husband that they are always packed (he's a gym NUT). I am assuming that's the same for most gyms though.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Thanks! I have been juggling the thought of going to the base gym BUT... I have heard from my husband that they are always packed (he's a gym NUT). I am assuming that's the same for most gyms though.

Well, that depends on your schedule.

First thing in the mornings, lunch time, and normally from 3:30-6:30/7 they are... But I would think the inbetween times would be slower.... You just get a lot of people who work on base in there at those times. Atleast that's my outlook on it when I've driven by :shrug:

Vince

Hello!

I recently moved to Great Mills (my husband was relocated to PAX NAS) and I am looking for a good gym to go to that is reasonably priced. I have changed my eating habits and have noticed some results but I want to add excercise to the plan as well.

I havent been to a gym since August of last year (I fell of the wagon and gained the weight back.. ugh) so maybe there is someone out there in my situation who would like a gym buddy?

Thanks!
The base has a great gym. :yay: And I don't think it costs as much as the ones in town.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I go to World Gym in Lex. Park. Since they have upgraded and done some work in there I have no complaints. I did head over to Max. and I didn't like it.

Why don't you go into each gym and ask for a tour check things out see if they will give you a one day pass to use the gym and go from there.

Each person is different. You might like one gym based on something different.

Vince

it doesn't...it's free.
Only if you're active duty, dependents, or retired military, and I think civil service is included, but not real sure. I think contractors that work on base can use the facilities, but have to pay a certain price. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
Only if you're active duty, dependents, or retired military, and I think civil service is included, but not real sure. I think contractors that work on base can use the facilities, but have to pay a certain price. :shrug:

no it is now free to everyone with a CAC and base badge....Civil Service and Contractors only have to pay MWR fees to play intermural sports

sexy_pants

Hello!

Thanks!

I go to Maximum and i love it. I would take a tour of all of the places that you're thinking about. I know that my gym give a free week if you decide to choose there....but, if the base is free..i would just go there and save the $. :1bdz: