German man charged with teaching dog Hitler salute

J

justhangn

A German man is to appear in court charged with teaching his dog to give the Hitler salute.

The black sheepdog-mix, named Adolf, has been taught to lift his right front paw up straight in the salute on command.

Police were called to the scene in Berlin when Roland T, 54, shouted at passers-by last year.

When a patrol arrived, he allegedly showed them the trick he had taught his dog, gave the salute along with Adolf, and shouted: "Sieg Heil."

Now he has been charged with using symbols of unconstitutional organisations. If found guilty, he faces up to three years in prison.

Adolf will probably be brought to a pet shelter, the Berliner Kurier reports.

Carola Ruff, of the local animal protection organisation, says the dog shouldn't be judged for what its owner taught it.

"It makes me sick to think someone's using his dog as an instrument of his deranged brain," she told the paper.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
worthless_thread.gif

nomoney

_39454236_adolf_story2_afp.jpg

Sorry no pic of the actual salute; best I could do.
look at the fence and the dog house; seems a little "concenctrationay camp" to me.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by nomoney
_39454236_adolf_story2_afp.jpg

Sorry no pic of the actual salute; best I could do.
look at the fence and the dog house; seems a little "concenctrationay camp" to me.

Whatcha supposed to be thinking about anyway??

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
mdf384349.jpg

A German man who taught his dog Adolf to give a Hitler salute by raising his right paw has been charged with violating Germany's anti-Nazi laws, a Berlin court said on October 15, 2003. Police investigated after members of the public complained they had seen the man giving the stiff-arm 'Hitler salute' and telling his dog: 'Adolf sit, give me the salute!,' a court spokeswoman said. The man and his dog pose for photographers in Berlin Wednesday.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Thanks for the pic Jazz

Oh for crap sake...Bear does that everytime he wants a cookie. He can salute with both paws too. :rolleyes:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: Thanks for the pic Jazz

Originally posted by Sharon
Oh for crap sake...Bear does that everytime he wants a cookie. He can salute with both paws too. :rolleyes:

My dog Savannah also can do the "salute" but we call it "high 5." :high5: She only shakes with her right paw and high 5's with the left. Razz is ambidextrous - he shakes with either paw, but won't high 5.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
German Man Cleared After Teaching Dog To Heil Hitler

BERLIN -- A German man won't be prosecuted for teaching his dog to do the Nazi salute.

But he does face other charges. Police say the man taught his dog to raise its right paw, after the owner said "Heil Hitler."

The dog's name is Adolph.

Displaying Nazi symbols in public is a crime in Germany. Charges concerning the stupid pet trick have been dropped.

But he still faces prosecution on other counts. Police say he was stopped for yelling "Heil Hitler" on a busy street and for walking around in a Hitler T-shirt.