Low Carb (Sugar) Wine

sockgirl77

I'm on South Beach and have been on and off for over 4 years. I have recently found my passion for wine. Because I'm back to being hardcore on the diet I can't just have a few glasses of wine without guilt. Anyone know of any low carb wines? I like whites and blushes. The sweeter the better! Thanks.

T

toppick08

I'm on South Beach and have been on and off for over 4 years. I have recently found my passion for wine. Because I'm back to being hardcore on the diet I can't just have a few glasses of wine without guilt. Anyone know of any low carb wines? I like whites and blushes. The sweeter the better! Thanks.

ask my haughty wimmins....:whistle:

sockgirl77

This was for the homemade recipe.
:lol: :shrug: I just searched...it could be way off :shrug:
PS: Omg, you're worried about 4 friggin grams of carbs :duh: Take a jog before/after and you'll be good :yahoo:

When I'm at a 25g limit for the day, 4g-8g is alot to burn up on a beverage.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
It's my understanding that South Beach is similar to The Zone. When I was hardcore on the Zone, the mantra about wine was if you're going to drink it, eat some cheese with it! The protein in the cheese will balance out the carbs in the wine. Worked for me!

(unfortunately, couldn't rationalize adding bread to that... :drool:)

sockgirl77

It's my understanding that South Beach is similar to The Zone. When I was hardcore on the Zone, the mantra about wine was if you're going to drink it, eat some cheese with it! The protein in the cheese will balance out the carbs in the wine. Worked for me!

(unfortunately, couldn't rationalize adding bread to that... :drool:)
Bread is something that I've had no problem giving up. My one weakness is and always will be pasta. I lived off of Dreamfields wheat pasta but I can't find it anymore. :frown:

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Bread is something that I've had no problem giving up. My one weakness is and always will be pasta. I lived off of Dreamfields wheat pasta but I can't find it anymore. :frown:

I would have to be commited if I had to give up carbs. More power to ya!

C

CalvertNewbie

I wonder if Whole Foods carries it? I've been looking for a healthier pasta but all the ones I've tried haven't been worth eating and have tasted horrible.

I had also tried Hunt's No Sugar Added Sauce, which I loved the flavor of. I don't know how the carb count was but I would think it has to be lower than the average sauce. Now I can't find it anywhere in Calvert, not in SW, Giant or Nicks. :ohwell: