ham radio

frank67

Just wondering if there are any ham radio operators out here on the forum........looking for some 2 meter freq. to use when we get into southern Maryland.........frank67 KQ6ST

frank67

OK cariblue I'll stick, will be living in california Maryland, most of my calls will be on the road............

Warron

Saint Mary's county has a pretty active amateur radio community.
The primary repeater in this area is 146.640 MHz located on the edge of the Patuxent River Naval Air Station near gate 1. It has a standard offset with no tone or access restrictions. Its operated by the Saint Mary's County Amateur Radio Association (SMCARA). They have a web page at http://www.qsl.net/smcara which lists the other repeaters in this area. I can't seem to access it right now, but I know the URL is correct. Hope this information helps.

Ron KB3IWN

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by cariblue
There's one somewhere down the street from me. If I ever find out who it is, I'm gonna egg his house.

Ham and Eggs, that reminds me, I am hungry.

frank67

Thanks for the imformation Ron,I will program it into my mobil rig along with the other repeaters on the web site........we will be comming to Maryland in April, my son lives in Leonardtown, wants us old folks to be closer to him........I have your call sign, so will give you a call when I get close enough to hit this repeater.........................Hey Pete.....Ham and eggs sounds good to me to, mmmmm............frank67