Gyms

alex

I have never belong to a gym before but I am thinking of joining one to get in shape and reduce my blood pressure. I am looking at World Gym - any pros or cons there? Is there someplace better in So MD?

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by alex
I have never belong to a gym before but I am thinking of joining one to get in shape and reduce my blood pressure. I am looking at World Gym - any pros or cons there? Is there someplace better in So MD?

I am a member of Worlds Gym. I like it. There are 2 main reasons I like it.

• It's close to home
  • It has a great free child care area.

Other than that, Pro-Fitness is superior. They have more equipment, and there's almost never a line to the machines. If you can make it to World's Gym except for their peak hours (4-7), you shouldn't have much problem in that department. But if you go there during the peak hours, expect to work in with people, or just plain wait.

World's Gym also has bicycling classes, and low impact aerobic classes. Pro fitness lacks these, but they do have other classes, like kick-boxing (tae-bo), and pilates. - WG also has yoga and pilates classes.

They both have tanning booths, personal trainers, and diet programs, and also both sell milk shakes, and fruit smoothies and things like that.

Me, I just like to run on the treadmill and lift heavy weights. So the extras aren't much of a turn on for me.

TWLs wife

There just great. You feel like a new person after you work out. I love GOLDS GYM years ago.:smile:

tater

Depends really on where you live. I got a membership to Pro Fitness on Great Mills originally because it was a convenient location to me. Come to find out, I love it! It's got great equipment, a good atmoshpere, great management, also has the daycare thingy because I see the MILFS dropping off the crumbsnatchers all the time there, and of course, all the spandex- laden hardbodies roaming around is the icing on the cake (no pun). :twitch:

Last edited:

spinner

I just joined the gym in Wildewood a month ago and I really like it, it is clean and not crowded at 5:30 am when I go...everybody is pretty friendly.

SmallTown

Football season!
Re: Re: Gyms

Originally posted by tater
Depends really on where you live. I got a membership to Pro Fitness on Great Mills originally because it was a convenient location to me. Come to find out, I love it! It's got great equipment, a good atmoshpere, great management, also has the daycare thingy because I see the MILFS dropping off the crumbsnatchers all the time there, and of course, all the spandex- laden hardbodies roaming around is the icing on the cake (no pun). :twitch:

I liked the great mills facility better than the one in wildwood. But I made it a rule only to go to that one during the day (lunch or on weekends) otherwise going to the gym wasn't worth losing my life over... so at nights I would go to the wildwood gym.

spinner

I thought I would be intimidated going there, I thought about joining a woman's gym, but I like the added bonus of guys in shorts....