Thursday Hunting Report

Today was opening day of the Early Muzzleloader Season. I hunted off Yowaski Mill Rd. At 6:20 my buddy shot a 165 lb. 8 pt buck (22" spread). We were talking on the cell phones just afterwards. I asked him if he wanted me to come help him track it. He said "No, you stay in your stand", I told him I meant AFTER dark, I had no intention of going anywhere as long as I could still shoot. About 30 seconds after we hung up (6:30), my deer walked into view. It had no clue I was there. It was grazing about 50 yards away, thru a bunch of underbrush and tree branches. I watched it for 3 or 4 minutes thru the scope, waiting for the perfect shot. Got it. Shot it. Killed it. The deer ran about 20-30 yards and dropped. 110 lb. 4 pt buck. They are both at the butcher shop. My buddy is getting his mounted.

K

Kizzy

Congrats! Keep the population of those suckers down. My hubby went this morning, but he didn't get anything. He is going back out in the morning, and I’m sure he be back in the woods tomorrow evening.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Mybuddies son shot his first yesterday. It's hanging in the walkin box now. It's feet are about 3 feet off of the floor :shrug: Can you say tender?

A pitcture is worth a thousand words

Small one is mine, the large one was shot by my buddy. He has been watching it since the spring.

face232d.jpg

Last edited:

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Huntr1

Steve,
I have imagestation also but never can figure out how to post pics from there,Can you give me step by step instructions.
Email or PM or on here is fine.

NICE deer !!!!!!!!! You will kill bigger than that when we hook up.lol

Imagestation

I admit it, I am a thief. My buddy posted the pictures on (gasp!!) another message board. I stole the url from there and posted it here. I have no idea how to post via imagestation. However, I will ask him to email me instructions and I will forward them to you.

Athena1078

Social Director
OH GOD! I didn't know you were going to post a picture. I actually got nauseous when I saw it...Ya have to warn people first.. or just have a link to it...:bawl:

Originally posted by Kain99
Death.... That's something to brag about!
Originally posted by Athena1078
OH GOD! I didn't know you were going to post a picture. I actually got nauseous when I saw it...Ya have to warn people first.. or just have a link to it...:bawl:
What part of "Thursday Hunting Report" did you not understand? Did you think the thread was about watching "Mr. Rogers"? No! I made it painfully obvious in the title that this thread is about hunting, i.e. the killing of animals. If you need more warning than that, you need more help than I can give you. Atleast I (1) posed the deer so you couldn't see the bloody chest cavity that I removed the deer's internal organs from, (2) made sure that the mouths of the deer were not all bloody (3) didn't post a picture of them hanging from a tree branch like picture a guy at work has posted outside his cubicle, & (4) didn't post a picture of the gut pile.
Next time, if you don't want to see/hear about hunting, DON"T READ THE THREAD THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ABOUT HUNTING!!! duh!

Post 'em. I wanna see. You shoulda seen the buck in the walk in box at the butcher. Either 205 or 215 lbs., don't remember which. Either way, it was the size of a pony.

Athena1078

Social Director
Originally posted by huntr1
What part of "Thursday Hunting Report" did you not understand? Did you think the thread was about watching "Mr. Rogers"? No! I made it painfully obvious in the title that this thread is about hunting, i.e. the killing of animals. If you need more warning than that, you need more help than I can give you. Atleast I (1) posed the deer so you couldn't see the bloody chest cavity that I removed the deer's internal organs from, (2) made sure that the mouths of the deer were not all bloody (3) didn't post a picture of them hanging from a tree branch like picture a guy at work has posted outside his cubicle, & (4) didn't post a picture of the gut pile.
Next time, if you don't want to see/hear about hunting, DON"T READ THE THREAD THAT IS OBVIOUSLY ABOUT HUNTING!!! duh!
I thought it was just a bragging page, I didn't know pics would be involved.. Sorry:bawl: I didn't want to get told off...

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by huntr1
Post 'em. I wanna see. You shoulda seen the buck in the walk in box at the butcher. Either 205 or 215 lbs., don't remember which. Either way, it was the size of a pony.
PM me an email addy and I'll send them to you when I download them from the digital tonight. They aren't exactly PC. We have a ton of does running around on the farm that really need to be thinned out to better our buck to doe ratio. I placed a bet to my hunting buddies that a case of 10 OZs goes to the smallest deer without knubs. Any with knubs and you owe everybody a case. Let's just say we have some veil hanging an no buttons in the bunch. The pictures are funny, a white can of spary paint goes a long way...

Last edited: