Red Rings of DEATH.......

DuffMan

Well I finally made the elite club of being yet another person to recieve the Red Rings of DEATH!! I guess I watched too many TV shows on Netflix using the Xbox. :doh:

Now I'm pissed because xbox did not e-mail me the pre-paid shipping form they are sending me a box with the pre-paid shipping form.

warneckutz

Well I finally made the elite club of being yet another person to recieve the Red Rings of DEATH!! I guess I watched too many TV shows on Netflix using the Xbox. :doh:

Now I'm pissed because xbox did not e-mail me the pre-paid shipping form they are sending me a box with the pre-paid shipping form.

I'm on my 4th system... They definitely build a garbage machine. :boo:

I love it, but I hate it.

warneckutz

Did you wait for them to ship you a box and the pre-paid shipping info or did you package it and print out the pre-paid info yourself?

The last time I had it, they shipped a pre-paid box... but I had already gone out and bought a new one from Best Buy (ever since I used their extended warranty).

W

WildCherry

I was told by the geek I bought mine from to lay it flat on a surface by itself with no other electronics around it so it can get plenty of air. So far so good. He said the cooling system is garbage and a waste of your money. Try these steps and see how your new systems do. Good Luck guys! :howdy:

DuffMan

The last time I had it, they shipped a pre-paid box... but I had already gone out and bought a new one from Best Buy (ever since I used their extended warranty).

Is that the extended warranty from best buy? The guy from XBox said something about a warranty for 24.99 a year. Might have to find out what that is about.

warneckutz

I was told by the geek I bought mine from to lay it flat on a surface by itself with no other electronics around it so it can get plenty of air. So far so good. He said the cooling system is garbage and a waste of your money. Try these steps and see how your new systems do. Good Luck guys! :howdy:
:boo: Doesn't help. A bad design is going to fail... I had my 360 sitting apart from everything to get enough airflow, etc...

Is that the extended warranty from best buy? The guy from XBox said something about a warranty for 24.99 a year. Might have to find out what that is about.

Yeah, I pay $80 for two years and I just go in and grab a new system, process really only takes a few minutes and I'm out the door.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Mine went bad after a year or so, I had it fixed. When I got it back I tested it, everything worked ok. I put it back in the box on the shelf and have not hooked it back up since.... That was about 2 years ago :lmao:

LordStanley

I know nothing

Ive sent mine back twice in the 3 years since I bought it.

Save the box that Microsoft ships the Xbox back in. You will be using it again.

nomoney

I've had ours for about 2 years now....haven't had the first problem yet. I've probably just jinxed myself though.

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
I have had 3 of them go bad so far. I know a lot of people who just go to the store and buy a new one and swap the case. Then just return the xbox. It is a lot faster than waiting for Microsoft to repair your broken unit.

DuffMan

I have had 3 of them go bad so far. I know a lot of people who just go to the store and buy a new one and swap the case. Then just return the xbox. It is a lot faster than waiting for Microsoft to repair your broken unit.

Well I don't think my life will be over if I have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to repair it!

Xbox360

Major Nelson is my hero
Well I don't think my life will be over if I have to wait 3-4 weeks for them to repair it!

There is no way I could go 3 weeks without my 360. I almost went crazy when I went on vacation over the summer and couldn't play for a week.

DuffMan

There is no way I could go 3 weeks without my 360. I almost went crazy when I went on vacation over the summer and couldn't play for a week.

You need a woman, they have the most powerful tool in the world and that tool will make you forget about the xbox!

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I fixed my friends RROD problem. So far it has not come back. He did not want to pay the 140 bucks or what ever to send it to Xbox.