Running/Walking Shoes

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I have been doing alot of walking everyday. My feet hurt. The "walking" shoes I recently bought are actually not meant for the activity I have been doing.

So I am looking for suggestions for Running/Walking shoes. My heels are hurting :bawl:

I have been looking at the Asics Gels.. Anything better out there?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I have been doing alot of walking everyday. My feet hurt. The "walking" shoes I recently bought are actually not meant for the activity I have been doing.

So I am looking for suggestions for Running/Walking shoes. My heels are hurting :bawl:

I would look for what I think can best described as hybrid shoes..

Mine are almost a cross between sneakers and hiking boots..

Gummie

Rockports are wonderful, been wearing them for years. There is a Reebok/Rockport store in the Rehoboth outlets (no sales tax in DE.) They also give a AAA and/or an AARP discount.

T

toppick08

Rockports are wonderful, been wearing them for years. There is a Reebok/Rockport store in the Rehoboth outlets (no sales tax in DE.) They also give a AAA and/or an AARP discount.

:yay:....she's an old fart........:killingme

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

new balance is my favorite, but they don't have a new balance store around and they can help you better than the normal shoes stores.

B

Big Fatty

Buy more than one pair of shoes for the intended activity. Rotate them regularly. Get rid of them and buy new shoes every 6 months. Take care of your feet.
Many good shoe brands out there. Just buy a functional pair.

W

WildCherry

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

new balance is my favorite, but they don't have a new balance store around and they can help you better than the normal shoes stores.

:yeahthat: I have heel spurs, doc told me to get New Balance running shoes. They cushion the heels more. Worked like a charm! :yay:

Oh and I have found them at Peebles here in the Park. JC Penney's in WildWood also has them.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I like Avias personally. They have a cupped sole that keeps you from over or under pronating during your heel strikes.

T

toppick08

Too bad FootJoy.....doesn't make tennis shoes anymore.........absolute best I ever had...:ohwell:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
:mad: Bite me! This is a serious thread

My feet hurt :bawl:

Seriously wake up then! Okay teasing. I just bought a pair of Nike Zoom Vomero's to run in and they are great. Might have to go someplace that knows their shoes to get a good pair of walking shoes and being that no one in the area that works in a sports store speaks intelligable(SP) english, I recommend heading out of the area.

Might even try Podiatrist web links and surf walking shoes for recommendations.

Happy now? :buddies:

LusbyMom

Seriously wake up then! Okay teasing. I just bought a pair of Nike Zoom Vomero's to run in and they are great. Might have to go someplace that knows their shoes to get a good pair of walking shoes and being that no one in the area that works in a sports store speaks intelligable(SP) english, I recommend heading out of the area.

Might even try Podiatrist web links and surf walking shoes for recommendations.

Happy now? :buddies:

You run? :roflmao: :killingme

That is funnier than the idea of me walking

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
LM-look at the bottom of your shoes and take note of where the majority of the wear is located, (outside heel inside heel, heel) then look up @ runners world.com (I think) and follow their suggestions.

LusbyMom

LM-look at the bottom of your shoes and take note of where the majority of the wear is located, (outside heel inside heel, heel) then look up @ runners world.com (I think) and follow their suggestions.

Thanks Kom!! That's a great website... full of info!