Good deed for the day...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...decent sized snapper walking across our road, stopped, threw him in the back of the pickup and put his dumb ass back in the creek lest he get Michelin'd. Shoulda taken his picture. Probably 25 pounds or so.

Now, having done my good deed for the day, I can gt back to using kittens for skeet with a clear conscience. :yahoo:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...decent sized snapper walking across our road, stopped, threw him in the back of the pickup and put his dumb ass back in the creek lest he get Michelin'd. Shoulda taken his picture. Probably 25 pounds or so.

Now, having done my good deed for the day, I can gt back to using kittens for skeet with a clear conscience. :yahoo:

I hope you didn't take it too far from where you found it.

T

toppick08

Just thank Christ it wasn't an Alligator Snapper.....:jet:

:lol:

When we lived in Frederick, I would take Ijamsville Rd. when heading south. Old farm pond on the east side of the road had a resident snapper. BIG resident snapper. Shell woulda made a big bowl. Watched him for 4 years till one day he was a road smear.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When we lived in Frederick, I would take Ijamsville Rd. when heading south. Old farm pond on the east side of the road had a resident snapper. BIG resident snapper. Shell woulda made a big bowl. Watched him for 4 years till one day he was a road smear.

When I moved here in '88 we found a MONSTER, guessing 30-35 pounds and we messed with him, got him to destroy some sticks and let him alone. Next day he was in the road, dead. Really sad. He was magnificent.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Are you gonna answer? :tap: I know you're gonna teach me something I honestly didn't know.

Well?

I was working. Turtles are known to come back to the same area so either you take it FAR away or don't take it too far or it will try to come back to where it was and sometimes with not-so-good results.

This was the big girl Abbey found last summer. Ott moved her to the other side of the fence but he had to catch her, take her for a little car ride and then let her go. No way to get her to the other side of the fence. :lol: She was HUGE!

Attachments

• Turtle 3.jpg
    Turtle 3.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 194

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I was working. Turtles are known to come back to the same area so either you take it FAR away or don't take it too far or it will try to come back to where it was and sometimes with not-so-good results.

This was the big girl Abbey found last summer. Ott moved her to the other side of the fence but he had to catch her, take her for a little car ride and then let her go. No way to get her to the other side of the fence. :lol: She was HUGE!

Looks a little bigger than the one I moved. Where I put him, he'll spend the rest of the week to get back to the middle of the road. Maybe he'll forget about the whole Willie Nelson thing?

Here's last years bigger model;

Attachments

• turtlejul08.jpg
    turtlejul08.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 190
T

toppick08

We..(rip, Papaw) have dressed them out at 80 lbs...and that was a small one............such sweet meat and great soup.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Here's last years bigger model;

Pffttt..that's nothing. :lol:

Did you know that there is not a single spot where you can hold them that they cannot reach to bite you?

Attachments

• Turtle 1.jpg
    Turtle 1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Turtle 4.jpg
    Turtle 4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 143
  • Turtle 2.jpg
    Turtle 2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 192

belvak

Happy Camper
What about this one? Remember him from last year?

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 188