ENGIMA is BACK!

Which album is the best album produced by ENIGMA?

• MCMXC a.D. (E1)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • The Cross of Changes (E2)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi! (E3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Screen Behind the Mirror (E4)

• Voyageur (E5)

• I have absolutely no idea who ENIGMA is!!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SmallTown

Football season!
I'm not in SOMD, but I'll add my 2 cents...

I've only listened to the first two, but I LOVE Cross of Changes. I would listen to it while studying and it was just the perfect way to relax and keep focus on my work. I haven't had it out in awhile, might have to go dig it up again.

mrs potts

Ok, I will start ...

I have a hard time picking only one BUT ... I think that MCMXC a.D. is the BEST and "Voyageur" is the SECOND BEST. The albums are total opposites but both are awesome!

If you never heard of ENIGMA, visit an informational site at www.enigmamusic.com. :dance:

WooHoo again for M. Cretu!!!
:thewave:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by mrs potts
I think that MCMXC a.D. is the BEST

:yeahthat: I have that one and another one of theirs but can't find it ... had a black label with something on it if I recall ... But I do love it! You might also check out Kitaro, if you dig that type of music for "certain occasions" :really: :bubble:

mrs potts

ST -
You HAVE to check out the other albums - you don't know what you are missing! Cretu never fails to deliver spectacular music and his newest album breaks away from the traditional and begins another journey into music.

"The Cross of Changes" is a good album and the remixes of "Carly's Song", as 'heard' in the movie SLIVER are really good. The beats sound like drops of blood falling to the floor ....

:clap:

mrs potts

Originally posted by crabcake
:yeahthat: I have that one and another one of theirs but can't find it ... had a black label with something on it if I recall ... But I do love it! You might also check out Kitaro, if you dig that type of music for "certain occasions" :really: :bubble:

The black one you may be talking about is "The Cross of Changes", otherwise known at E2 (Engima 2)

LOVE Kitaro as well!

mrs potts

Originally posted by *archimedes*
If one more woman tries to seduce me while playing an Enigma CD in the background I'm gonna shoot myself in the head. Used to be like Pavlov's dog, hear the music then BOI-OI-OI-OI-OING!!! now I just wanna hear some Nora Jones.

WHATEVER!!! That is not the ONLY reason for Engima's popularity since the early 90's!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by mrs potts
WHATEVER!!! That is not the ONLY reason for Engima's popularity since the early 90's!

it's not? :confused:

:lol:

In all honesty, that's the only time I've ever popped it in. :ohwell: :blushing: Otherwise, it's like elevator music which makes me :banghead: i can't listen to it to relax ... I crank up 3 doors down (which i have on now) or creed :dude: and :getdown: to it while cleaning house. :biggrin:

mrs potts

Crabcake,
You should listen to E5 - many people have written negatively about it since it doesn't have the chants like the other albums. In fact, many of the tracks are hippier. :dance:

The track, "Boum, Boum" is not a soothing track at all. The title track, "Yoyageur" is very hip and includes robotic voices that take you in a trance but nothing like the soothing, melotic tune of "Sadness".

In fact, Cretu admits that E5 is a lot different than other albums and that he has taken a different approach in this album. He is quoted saying that anything less would be repeating himself and that is not what he wanted to do with this album.

Check it out! I had to listen to it a few times before I 'felt' the Engima pull and was able to really get into his music. Sandra's voice is limited on this album, only to be 'heard' on the final track!

mrs potts

Ok....I will admit that Enigma is probably used to 'set the mood' for that occasion but the music is much more than that!

In college, I can remember doing papers late at night or early in the morning listening to Enigma and sipping coffee. It seemed to put me in a trance and I was able to get my papers finished. I have also listened to Enigma when I am down and it seemed to make me feel better.

And, YES, I have also used it as a mood setter .... :blushing: