How old were you?

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
ok... I'm not being entertained enough...

glad to see people getting along tho...but now, I am officially jobless...:lol:

So... I got a few questions for all of yall...
- If you're married, how old were you when you became married?
- If you've been divorced... how long were you married?/did you remarry?/can you see yourself getting married again?
- If you've been in love, how old were you during the first love thing?
- If you've never been married, what age (ideally) would you like to marry?

I know the questions are pretty personal...so answer whatever you feel comfortable revealing... :biggrin:

Answer em...and entertain me dammit... I demand it :cool:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I married at 29 for the first and only time. I still am, which kinda surprises me! Well, not anymore, he's a gem. :kiss:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Hummmm well let's see....

Married at 21. No need to tell me stupid, stupid, stupid girl I know!

Stayed together for 8 months and even that was stretching it. Seperated at 22.

Will be divorced at 23.

Have not remarried yet. I'll probably remarry one day. Who knows when??? I guess I know when I meet the right person.

My first love was when I was 15. The most important thing I ever learned from him was never get someone's name tattooed on your body. I was 18 when we split up but he's stuck with me for life. :lmao: Jacka$$ !

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
my turn

I've never been married....

First love... I was 18... Freshmen year in college. We were together for three years. There was a lotta love in the relationshp... but it was very overwhelming... I didn't have any experience in relationships...and frankly, I did a lot of things wrong...I didn't know any better. I couldn't see it then... but I had to be out of the relationship to really see and learn from it. Ofcourse, he'll always have a special place in my heart... We're still friends... :cheers:
I learned a lot about relationships, life...and most importantly myself from that relationship.

When I was younger, I thougth that 25 was the perfect age to be married. Now, that's only a year away...and I've changed my mind...:rolleyes: ...it's too close...and I know I'm not ready.
However, (ideally speaking)....I don't want to be too old when I get married... I want to have atleast one or two child(ren) before 30... so, now I would say 26/27 would be the ideal age for me... but ask me again in two more years... I just may change my mind as it gets closer...:bubble:
Ofcourse, the timing depends on when I am with the person that is meant for me...:blushing:

p.s. I'm still waiting for Monkey... and anyone that wants to fight, I'm ready... bring it on...:burning: :spank: :razz:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by AnonymousPenguin
- If you've been divorced... how long were you married?/did you remarry?/can you see yourself getting married again?

Which time?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
This should be entertaining...

Married at 19...July 4, 1975 Divorced.. December ?, 1977.

Married at 22...December 30, 1977 ...Divorced April ?, 1980

Married at 27...June 5, 1982....still married...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Re: This should be entertaining...

Originally posted by cattitude

They say the third time is the charm... I've got two more to go! :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: This should be entertaining...

Originally posted by jazz lady

They say the third time is the charm... I've got two more to go! :lol:

Well, he's got a real nice rod..uh, car...:cheers:

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Re: This should be entertaining...

Originally posted by cattitude

After two divorces, did you ever give up...thinking you'll never find the person for you... or that maybe marriage wasn't meant for you? ...just curious...

Also,
I once heard:
The first time you marry for love;
The second time you marry for looks;
The third time you marry for money.
(this is for women I assume)
Were any of those true in your case...?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

After two divorces, did you ever give up...thinking you'll never find the person for you... or that maybe marriage wasn't meant for you? ...just curious...

Also,
I once heard:

Not true, not true! I married the first time cause I was knocked up and it was the "right" thing to do....:barf:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Married at 23 after shacking up for almost 3 years... My first, his second...

My first love was at 17...fresh out of high school...thought I knew it all... Second love at 19... Third was at 21... :cheers:

Last edited:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
I got married for the first and only time at 18.
I know it is young - but that doesn't mean that it is destined to fail like everyone we knew believed. Like Pixie - I got married because I was "knocked up" and it was the right thing to do - but luckily it turns out that I got knocked up by the greatest man alive!! I am 25 now and don't see a reason in the world why my marriage won't last. It has definitely been hard learning to grow together ( he was only 20) but we've made it this far!

By the way I fell in love with him when I was 17.

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Re: Re: Re: This should be entertaining...

Originally posted by pixiegirl

Not true, not true! I married the first time cause I was knocked up and it was the "right" thing to do....:barf:

yeah, that usually isn't the way to go IMO...
it makes the relationship somewhat of an obligation... therefore, putting too much pressure on the relationship...

SxyPrincess

I've never been married and don't plan on it for a while. I am however, in a very happy and wonderful relationship that I hope will last a long time, if not forever. :biggrin:

I do want my ceremony to be a big event with lots of friends and family, complete with a Vera Wang gown. :cheesy: A girl can dream, right? :razz2:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Also,
I once heard:

My first marriage was to my one and only boyfriend that I started dating when I was 15. He left me when I was 21 for a girl he carpooled with..interesting, about 7 years ago she did the same to him!!

Second husband was 9 years older (I was 21, he was 30)...very nice looking, charming, and an ******* who drank and loved to punch...but after the first husband ditched me, I considered myself lucky to find this wonderful man, and he wanted to take care of (A/K/A control) me.

Third husband..was a nice guy that I didn't really like at first. He pissed me off..can you imagine? But he was cute and had this cute curly bowling shoe and he was a great kisser...and here we are today...