Proposals...

SxyPrincess

For anyone that would like to answer, both male and female-share your proposal story with us. :biggrin:

I don't have one, otherwise I'd respond first. :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Larry and I had been talking about it here and there, kind of tossing it out for consideration. Then one night, he woke me up and said, "Will you marry me?" And I said, "Yes" and fell back asleep. He gave me my ring for Christmas.

I should be a more romantic person! Cause now I know most of you are going to tell some really sweet story about how your honey propsed!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This isn’t a great story, it’s just how it happened.

Susan and I had been living together for about 5 years and she had always said that until I could put a ring on her finger I couldn’t officially propose to her. Though I had on many an occasion done so, she always said “no” until I could ask her with the accompanying ring. Well, I started working a crap load of overtime and would skim a little money from that and tuck it away until I felt I had enough to get her the ring deserving her.

On a fine late spring Saturday morning I told her that we should go look at rings so that I knew what it was she wanted. So we headed over to G&H Jewelers and went to the diamond ring counter. The selection was such that I knew I would never get the right one for her and asked her to pick out the one she liked best. She picked one out and I asked to see it. The clerk handed it to me and then I dropped to one knee, asked her again, as I slipped the ring on her finger. It was a perfect fit and she finally said “yes, all you have to do is pay for it”. I then reached into my pocket and yanked out the wad of money I had tucked away (which she knew nothing about) and paid cash for it and had enough extra to order and pay for our wedding bands.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Ken, awwww...that's a great story! You forgot to mention the look on her face when you pulled out a wad of money and she knew you were serious.

K

Katie

It was Christmas morning and I knew I was getting a engagement ring because Mike was like a little kid in a candy store. His whole family saw the ring before I did.

Well he put the little ring box in several boxes so I had to unwrap tons of boxes. Well I got to the last box and I opened it up. He dropped down on his knee and asked me to become his wife. I told him yes. My mother recorded the whole thing on our video camer. Little did I know how that came into play later.

We didn't end up getting married. We had a big fight and I threw the ring and box at him. It was a very NASTY break up...police involved, courts and him going to jail for a few months to calm his hothead down.

C

calvertguy

When I gave it to her, the first thing she did was scrutinize it until she found a flaw

She did what............................:shocked: What a scaggot maggot. You should have dumped her right on the spot. Sounds as if she was more worried about what other people would think then anything else.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
For anyone that would like to answer, both male and female-share your proposal story with us. :biggrin:

I don't have one, otherwise I'd respond first. :bubble:

I don't have story either... but I thought Ken's was pretty cute:smile:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Princess - did you get this idea from Z104????

~~~~~~~~~

My story...

My husband could not maintain his giddiness or keep his secret that he got a ring for me.

I got home from work to find him in my apartment laying on the couch smiling from ear to ear, so I knew something was up.

He picked it up that day and proposed that afternoon, November 2, 1994. We went out to share the news with everyone and had a KILLER hangover the next day.

Still have the calendar page that everyone signed their congratulations for us....

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sharon
Ken, awwww...that's a great story! You forgot to mention the look on her face when you pulled out a wad of money and she knew you were serious.

The look was priceless (and she took the remainder I had) but no where near the look she gave me after we had said our vows and were pronounced husband and wife. Then as we walked back down the isle I said, "Now I guess I don't have to be on my very best behavior anymore." and her jaw just about hit the ground. I almost hurt myself laughing so hard.

Jameo

What?!
Just call me the run away bride......

I've been engaged twice & still never married

:banana:

the guy was a jarhead, he got orders to NC and I thought I was sssoo in love and wanted to go with him, well I couldn't leave good ol' st. marys and change my mind :biggrin:

second guy I'm still with just call off the engagement and we are still living together in sin.

Everyone says third time is a charm, right???

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Re: Just call me the run away bride......

Originally posted by Jameo

Everyone says third time is a charm, right???
Don't count on it...my hubbie's ex is working on #5! (He was #1 and probably the only decent man she ever had.)

tater

I know I'll come off as a tightwad or something on here, but I think there is way too much emphasis on rings (size/quality) on this thread so far. I'm not saying it is not important, I just think that the way someone treats the person they love everyday, should speak volumes more than the ring they get. I've been described as a caring-mushy-sensitive type guy (not tooting own horn because sometimes it seems like a bad thing), and I would hate to think that because of the type/size ring I got someone... would negate the type of person I am and how I treat the person I love. That's my first 2 cents for the purchase of a shiny new ring. :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by tater
I know I'll come off as a tightwad or something on here, but I think there is way too much emphasis on rings (size/quality) on this thread so far. I'm not saying it is not important, I just think that the way someone treats the person they love everyday, should speak volumes more than the ring they get. I've been described as a caring-mushy-sensitive type guy (not tooting own horn because sometimes it seems like a bad thing), and I would hate to think that because of the type/size ring I got someone... would negate the type of person I am and how I treat the person I love. That's my first 2 cents for the purchase of a shiny new ring. :wink:

Bad Tater! :bonk: I'm not a very materialistic person at all. Well, I like nice things but am willing to buy them myself. I don't expect anyone else to take care of me. But I do believe that the ring is symbolic. I think buying a woman some piece of crap just because you can afford it rather then pinch here and there and save up enough to buy something nice doesn't say much for you. I think even applies to the wedding bands. When/if I get married for real I plan on having titanium wedding bands made. Titanium is the strongest metal in the world and I think that should be symbolic of the way a marriage should be. I didn't waste my time or money on it with my ex because I KNEW it would never last. Anyway, just my two cents worth, now you have 4 cents in your ring fund. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
Some of you have met me and mr speedo...you may have noticed that we don't even wear our rings. yes, it may be symbolic to some, but I don't find it particurly important. I don't need a reminder that I'm married.

:yeahthat:

Last edited: