Another dog overboard story

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Dog catches a lift back to shore

SEA GIRT, N.J. — It's no fish story — one angler really caught a pit bull. Twenty-one-year-old Keith Blauvelt and his family had been fishing off the coast on Sunday and were about to head home when he saw something in the water.

"I thought it was a piece of wood and then I realized it was moving," Blauvelt told the Asbury Park Press of Neptune. "I said, 'I think I see a dog,' and my dad looked at me like I was crazy. But my brother said, 'It is a dog."'

The animal, an 11-year-old American pit bull terrier named Rok-C, apparently fell off another boat while its owner was scuba diving with friends. Authorities estimate that the 40-pound dog was in the water for at least 25 minutes before Blauvelt saw it.

Rok-C was heading east at the time, but she then began paddling toward Blauvelt's boat. He reached into the water, scooped up the panting pet, toweled her off and brought her back to shore. The family alerted the Coast Guard about their discovery about the same time Lorraine Rooker noticed her dog was missing.

~~~~~~

Lucky dog! :yay: