Local Xbox360 repair

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I don't have the dreaded Red Ring of Death but ours is not working. Where can I take ours to get it fixed that won't break the bank?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Have you tried the Play 'N Trade in Lusby?

I was in the process of calling them when my husband just decided to rip it open himself. Surprisingly, even though he didn't fix anything, it's now working (atleast for the time being).

TurboK9

I was in the process of calling them when my husband just decided to rip it open himself. Surprisingly, even though he didn't fix anything, it's now working (atleast for the time being).

Hehe! Hubby sounds like me :)

If it breaks again, take it them. Tell them the tall bald guy said to treat you right or he'll feed them to his Dobermanns.

They'll probably laugh and toss you out on your butt since Harley has been in there and leaned on half the employees, but I'll get a laugh out of it next time I go in there and they tell me about you, haha!

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Hehe! Hubby sounds like me :)

If it breaks again, take it them. Tell them the tall bald guy said to treat you right or he'll feed them to his Dobermanns.

They'll probably laugh and toss you out on your butt since Harley has been in there and leaned on half the employees, but I'll get a laugh out of it next time I go in there and they tell me about you, haha!

We've determined it's the DVD drive and we can get a replacement (when we need it) off Amazon for less than it would cost to take it in. As of last night, it's still working. :keepingfingerscrossed:

boomX13

He had the ring of death though. Pay attention :smack:

its still easier just to send it in. its free if you are under warranty. and taking it to an unauthorized repair place may void your warranty.

+ mine had red rings symptoms but no red rings. i messed with it, red rings showed up. be careful

navygirl

What is "ring of death"?

My son wants an XBOX 360 for Christmas. What is the "ring of death"? Is it an issue with the older versions or is a potential problem for any model, new or old?

Peter Forsberg

i'm confused on this one....what is wrong with their game lineup? and as far as online play goes?????? I fail to see how being free is worse than paying for the exact same thing?
Devs are still learning how to make games for PS3, not to mention they are saying PS3 is more difficult to make games for. As far as paying $50 a year for Xbox Live it is well worth it. The online community is much stronger on Xbox then PS3. I had a PS3 for 2weeks last Xmas and took it back. I couldn't play Lil BigPlanet online because of the lag being so bad.. It is is not the exact samething. It is much easier to play games with friends online with xbox then PS3.

thurley42

HY;FR
Devs are still learning how to make games for PS3, not to mention they are saying PS3 is more difficult to make games for. As far as paying $50 a year for Xbox Live it is well worth it. The online community is much stronger on Xbox then PS3. I had a PS3 for 2weeks last Xmas and took it back. I couldn't play Lil BigPlanet online because of the lag being so bad.. It is is not the exact samething. It is much easier to play games with friends online with xbox then PS3.

different strokes i guess....as soon as PS3 came out i got rid of my 360 and haven't missed it...but I mostly play sports games and COD...as far as online goes I haven't ever really had a problem with it, but I hear from some people they do...I guess I just have to consider myself lucky.

Peter Forsberg

different strokes i guess....as soon as PS3 came out i got rid of my 360 and haven't missed it...but I mostly play sports games and COD...as far as online goes I haven't ever really had a problem with it, but I hear from some people they do...I guess I just have to consider myself lucky.
I agree... I have had my xbox since the day it was released and yeah I am on my 3rd one but I still love it not to mention all my friends have xbox. God of War3 looks awesome for PS3. Hurley do you rent games at all?

thurley42

HY;FR
I agree... I have had my xbox since the day it was released and yeah I am on my 3rd one but I still love it not to mention all my friends have xbox. God of War3 looks awesome for PS3. Hurley do you rent games at all?

No, normally when something comes out that I want I'll just trade in games I can't stand to Gamestop or something...every once in awhile I'll pick something up on a whim at Target....recently that was "Prototype"...man that was stupid...