Reality TV Show With Transsexual Shelved

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
LONDON - A television station said Friday it had shelved a reality show that set up six male contestants with what appeared to be a gorgeous woman but was actually a transsexual. :killingme

The program, "Find Me A Man," challenged the contestants to woo a leggy South American brunette called Miriam. Only at the end of the show did the men learn that Miriam was a preoperative transsexual.

The law firm Schillings, acting on behalf of the six men, wrote Thursday to Sky One television and Brighter Pictures, makers of the show, alleging conspiracy to commit a sexual assault, defamation, personal injury and breach of contract.

Schillings demanded that the program, provisionally scheduled to be broadcast next month, be shelved.

"We have made an initial response to the letter of complaint received yesterday and confirmed that the show is not in Sky One's schedule at present," Sky said in a statement Friday. "We continue to examine the complaint in detail."

Media reports said all six men had signed release forms consenting to the footage being shown, but before Miriam's secret was revealed.

A spokesman for Brighter Pictures told Broadcast magazine producers had made a point of never referring to Miriam as a woman when getting the men to take part.

"As Miriam is a transsexual, I would never refer to her as male or female. She is a gorgeous creature," the spokesman told the magazine.

Brighter Pictures is a subsidiary of Endemol, the company that makes "Big Brother."

They're all :loser: 's in my book. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"As Miriam is a transsexual, I would never refer to her as male or female. She is a gorgeous creature," the spokesman told the magazine.
Liar.

But it was only a matter of time before someone came up with this idea. TV producers have been taxing their grey matter trying to come up with new and unique ways to humiliate the lovelorn attention whores out there. This is just the latest idea. :shrug:

K

Kain99

Is anybody planning on watching Ordinary Joe or Joe Blow oe whatever it is tonight? :biggrin:

Filling in during Tiggers abscence.

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
TV producers have been taxing their grey matter trying to come up with new and unique ways to humiliate the lovelorn attention whores out there.

So, when are ya going to create a section for this on the boards here?? :lmao:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by vraiblonde
We already have one - it's called Chit Chat.

True true.........ya think the title should be changed to "HEY or What's your ......"?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by justhangn
True true.........ya think the title should be changed to "HEY or What's your ......"?
:biggrin: Or, how about "Stop dragging my heart around"?