Anyone know anybody looking for a new horse?

Nitrospeed16

Does anybody know of anyone looking to buy a horse? Im trying to sell my egyptian arab mare, can't place an ad on the classifieds because I have no credit card (and it seems like a waste of money anyways). Board is setting me in debt for her, it really would be easier to keep her here but since the payments are so high to keep her at all, I can't buy the things needed to make her a fence. Plus I can't find anyone in my area willing to board any new horses. I'm selling her for $2,000, which is alot less than I paid for her (and since I was new to the horse scene, I also got gipped on the papers I was promised). She is being kept in Newburg with 4 other horses, and gets along well. She is grey, 3 years old, 15.1, washes, trailer loads, and lunges. We've been able to tack her up and sit on her back, but noone has actually ridden her. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but I've read the forum rules over and over and found nothing prohibiting it. Please contact me if you know of anyone interested, this whole thing has got me feeling really lost and betrayed by the girl I bought her from (who also is the one I'm boarding her with). :frown: I REALLY need a new home for her ASAP, or else my other option would be to take her to an auction..:bawl:, so please email me if you know someone looking for an arab or if you yourself are looking for one at nitrospeed16@aol.com Thanks a million...

Last edited:

Nitrospeed16

Originally posted by appyday
To get decent money at all you need to get her papers in hand..Arabs are hard to sell anyway unless you find a breeder..grey mares are nice but with no papers it will be hard..especially as she is not riding. I would find $15 to place her on dreamhorse.com If you can not do it I will pay for the ad..list her with a pic and answer emails and meet buyers to see her..I will get 10% of her selling price for a sellers fee. I know you do not want to hear this but it is a buyers market at this time..not a sellers. Winter is on the way and everyone is selling and not buying. Now is the time to buy not sell...But I have been seriously wrong befor..good luck...

ps hunt down her papers!!

*sigh*, kinda figured that much. I do have an ad up for her on dreamhorse, not the photo ad though, and have recieved several replies, but all have stated the same. Alot of people though seem not to actually READ the ad, most tell me they are looking for a well trained, old horse, and I'm like "What are you, blind!?" (although not to them lol). I'd rather try to get as much as I can without paying commission, but thank you for your offer. I'm about ready to give up and send her to an auction, as horrid as it sounds. I would rather do that and have her atleast have a 90/10 chance of going to a good home, than go completely bankrupt and lose everything and still end up having her go to an auction by keeping her and trying to sell her like this.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I have a dumb question. What's the difference between an Arabian horse and a quarter horse? :shrug: I'm just curious, I'm a horse retard.

:stupid:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Originally posted by appyday
LOl..you have expensive taste girl.................

Yeah I know, but it is after all DREAM Horses so I can pick whatever horse I want. :lol:

See, you need to buy those kind of horses so I can come pet them. :biggrin:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
My wife is trying something new. We have always bought horses before and never have we come out good on that deal. (It's been about 12 years, though, since we had any horse at all).

This time we adopted a rescued horse that was advertised right here on somd.com. She's about 15, boney, needs a bit of training and weight on her before she'll be ready to ride again, but she's a great 4H project horse for my little girl to learn with. She'll have to learn how to care for her for a good long time before she'll be ready to ride.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• unos book photo.jpg
    unos book photo.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 188

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Got her for free. Just had to go pick her up. Of course a free horse is sorta like a free boat. it might not cost anything up front, but the upkeep can be murder.

Unosmom

Appyday, let me tell ya, she sure doesn't act like an old horse. And trust me I have owned some older Arabs before. She is really high spirited and spunky for a Mare in her 20's. I rode her for the first time today, and she did well! Not use to a rider, but she will be just fine. I don't push her too hard, I am very very patient with her and all my training tells me to push her harder and harder but with her I am a little worried that she will fall or break something.

Unosmom

Thanks, I will keep you posted on her progress and what Kim has to tell me.

Do you know if she has had cronic foot problems? Having a little problem with her foot seperating from the bottom of the hoof and the wall. Will talk with my Farrier about how to fix it too, but any ideas would be great.

People over at Hickory Hollow know her as well, and said that she is a great Mare but always thin, told me to put weight on her (she now weighs 776) and she should be just fine. We will see how she does over the winter, we are changing the fed over at the stable that I have her at right now( don't have my Barn in yet) to pellets and a little sweet fed, the calorie intake will be better for them all.

Thanks for all your help! Like I said we will keep you updated. :smile:

Unosmom

Debbie, the girl I got her from, said that Sr made her loose weight. I have talked with others who were told to use Sr and their horses dropped weight too. She is getting Corn Oil 2 time a day, plus Glycosimene (I think thats how you spell it) 2 times a day. They seem to be working. I have had her a month now and she has gained almost 100 pounds. She is eating the hay just fine and gets that only 1 time each day unless it is raining out and they all stay in. I will keep ya posted on how all of them do on this new feed. Right now we are introducing it slowly so we won't see any improvements or disapprovement for a little while. But I will keep her going on the other stuff through the winter. Hopefully her joints, which are improving, won't creak and moan so much come Spring.

Unosmom

You said to give her 1/2 cup of corn oil?
I've only been giving her about 4 tablespoons 2 times a day. Should I increase that or leave be for now? The reason I ask is because this is the first Rescue I have ever had and I am not sure what to give her. I am afraid she will either collic or founder neither one of which I want to deal with. Collic is NASTY:barf:
Thanks for the info on the Sr. stuff though. I will pass it along to the others I have talked with.

Unosmom

Started with 1/4 cup today. With us slowly working over to all pellet ( 10/10 or 12/12 not sure which it is will have to check the bags again) the fat and calorie intake is higher so, I will have to cut back on the corn oil. I won't do that until I see how she responds to the new feed. I am afraid that if I give her too much it will hurt her somehow. E-mail me, Tom, sent ya my address. I will be able to send pictures to ya.

arabianpony

Uno

I'm in!!!!
I am so excited to hear about Uno. I am so releived she is doing well with you. I had really started to bond with her and I felt guilty about disrupting her again so soon. Like Appy said, she has been thru a few hands the last year. I didn't realize how much time I was spending on her though. I have had alot of time to work with my paint and she and I are progressing rapidly now. Up until recently, if it was raining or cold, I stayed in. I think I am going to invest in some good rain gear and start riding in the rain.:howdy:

Unosmom

Arabianpony:

Hey welcome aboard! Uno and I are bonding nicely too! I am glad that the paint is working out for you! I am not too sure about riding in the rain though. When I was younger sure no problem, my bones don't do the cold and wet well anymore.

We are going out on a Trail ride tomorrow. This will be the first time I have taken her out from around the exercise area of the Barn. She is still very "Hot"! Still not real wild about being saddled or briddled but she is getting better. Tomorrow will prove interesting though, haven't worked for 2 days due to the weather.

My daughter, who Uno is her 4-H project, is loving her and getting more and more comfortable around her and the other horses at the barn. She has no Fear! Won't let her ride her yet until I get her alittle more conditioned. She is only 5 so she has time to get to know her.

PM me and I can get you pictures of her, don't forget your Email address.

Looking forward to talkn' with you here and through Email. Will keep ya Posted on our progress!

Appy:
Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate all that you have done. Will keep ya posted on our progress.

So far so good with the new feed. Increased her Corn Oil to 1/4 cup and so far no loose stools or anything out of the ordinary.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
St. Marys River Stables

301-994-1869

They board horsed, maybe even be interested in her. Not too sure though...maybe they can help you sell her.

arabianpony

I also used to give Uno this powder suppliment from the amish called weight builder. It is sold other places, but I used to get it almost 1/2 price at Loveville leather. It comes in liquid too, but that isn't so nice. The powder smells like a malt mix, delicious. Horses loved it. And it did seem to help. 30 day supply was @14.00 I think.
I did use the veggie oil for awhile too. That's alot less expensive than the powder.
Hey, does 'mane and tail' conditioner work anyone? All my horses have kinda sparce tails (partly because they rub, I think) but would like to thicken them up.
And the rain!? I love it. I can usually be found any rainy day walking the trails if it is not too heavy or windy. Should be easier on horse back. I was kinda worried about the saddles, but I figure alot of oil should take care of that. I was even out in the hurricane, but stayed out of the woods.

Unosmom

Thanks to all for sending me a Happy Birthday Note!

Appy:
With a tail like that, who needs to rake or sweep the barn!:yikes: :yikes:
As far as thickening their tails I was unaware that you could do that. I know the best way to train the mane and how to keep their tails thinned without cutting them but thick, not sure.

Arabian:
The feed we have switched to is mostly pellets. You were right that the sweet feed is most definetly making her hot. Right now she is getting, Corta-Flx 2x a day, 1/2 scoop of sweet feed, and 1 1/2 scoops of pellets, along with 1/4 cup of oil. This seems to be working. We have put alot of weight on her. Eventually she will be getting all pellet. Ask Robin about it over at Hickory Hollow. She can tell you what the mix is. Tell her that I am boarding her over at Shirley's, she knows what it is that she gets.

Never got a chance to go out on my first Trail Ride with her yesterday. The girl I was to go with got the Flu real bad. Maybe later this week.

I PM you with my email and phone. So that way we can catch up on how she doing.