Jessica Lynch on Primtime

Nosenheimer

I doubt it. I'm just about sick of hearing about her. It's not like she's the only ex-POW that served in Iraq.
Let's have a show where they ALL get interviewed ... you're dang right I'd watch it.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Originally posted by Nosenheimer
I doubt it. I'm just about sick of hearing about her. It's not like she's the only ex-POW that served in Iraq.
Let's have a show where they ALL get interviewed ... you're dang right I'd watch it.

I would have to agree, Nose. I don't really think she deserves all the publicity, but I'm going to watch anyway.

Nosenheimer

I probably end up watching it too, but it still bugs me to no end that nobody ever speaks of the rescuers and her fellow POWs.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
it still bugs me to no end that nobody ever speaks of the rescuers and her fellow POWs.
Maybe that's what she's going to do in the interview? Maybe that's why she agreed to give the interview in the first place? :shrug:

Nosenheimer

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Maybe that's what she's going to do in the interview? Maybe that's why she agreed to give the interview in the first place? :shrug:

No idea. That's just it though, why does she have to be the only one who gets to be interviewed :confused:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch

Maybe she should donate all of the royalties she will make from the book, to all of the former POWs who got nothing.....

I just don't understand why she's such a special case? Why all the hoop-la?

Nosenheimer

Originally posted by ememdee19
Maybe she should donate all of the royalties she will make from the book, to all of the former POWs who got nothing.....

:yeahthat: :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because the media made her into one. Why is she the only one being interviewed? Because she's the only one the media wanted. Don't blame her for that.

I'd rather hear how she presents herself and what she has to say before I turn her into a money-grubbing publicity hound. :shrug:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Because the media made her into one. Why is she the only one being interviewed? Because she's the only one the media wanted. Don't blame her for that.

I'd rather hear how she presents herself and what she has to say before I turn her into a money-grubbing publicity hound. :shrug:

I'll give you that, vrai. But, don't you think this has happened awfully quick? I mean, it seems like she just got back from Ramstein yesterday.....

One more question...isn't the military going to be paying her for the rest of her life?

Nosenheimer

I wasn't blaming her for anything, nor did I mention money :confused: Just sick of all the hack-mack about her.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Originally posted by cariblue
That's a nice thing to day about someone who went to war so you could stay home and watch it on the news.

Yeah, I'm sure that li'l hunny enlisted just to go to war, especially in a maintenance unit. I can see her in 10 years down at the VFW swillin down beers.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by cariblue
I'd love to see a survey on why people join the armed forces. To improve their lives vs. patriotism.
I wish I could say patriotism, but I was 17 and just wanted out of the house.. And my parents wanted me out just as much...

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
So, I watched the show tonight and I must say that I was't impressed with her. IMHO I feel there's something she's hiding from the public. What did everybody else think of it?

SmallTown

Football season!
No idea. That's just it though, why does she have to be the only one who gets to be interviewed :confused:

because she is cute and apparantly likes to pose nude. Works for me :cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel there's something she's hiding from the public.
:duh: Ya think, Em? But don't worry - the press will ferret it out, just like they've sniggled out every other detail of this kid's life.

Someone was on the idiot box last night talking about how Jessica has apparently bleached her hair. GOSH! A woman coloring her hair! Such a scandal! :duh:

K

Kizzy

So, I watched the show tonight and I must say that I was't impressed with her. IMHO I feel there's something she's hiding from the public. What did everybody else think of it?

She is young, she isn't trained to deal with the media hound dogs and I think it is terrible that the public grips and says she isn't all that and isn't a hero. There are not very many people who would have been able to handle what she has been thru, so people with only something negative to say need to remember, she didn't ask for this, she survived and if she earns a few bucks out of her ordeal, well good for her. This poor girl is going suffer physically and possibly mentally for the rest of her life, and sure, many Monday morning quarterbacks may say she should have realized this going in, but hindsight is always 20/20. The media created the hype, not Jessica Lynch.

Anyone who is serving or has served in the military is a hero to me and they all deserve a round of applauds for protecting the very freedoms we as Americans are so fortunate to have. It is too bad that each and every one of them cannot have 15-minutes of fame, but those that are negative in their opinions asking "why her?" "Why not so and so, etc. etc.?" Need to grow the hell up.

Nosenheimer

Originally posted by IM4Change
She is young, she isn't trained to deal with the media hound dogs and I think it is terrible that the public grips and says she isn't all that and isn't a hero. There are not very many people who would have been able to handle what she has been thru, so people with only something negative to say need to remember, she didn't ask for this, she survived and if she earns a few bucks out of her ordeal, well good for her. This poor girl is going suffer physically and possibly mentally for the rest of her life, and sure, many Monday morning quarterbacks may say she should have realized this going in, but hindsight is always 20/20. The media created the hype, not Jessica Lynch.

Anyone who is serving or has served in the military is a hero to me and they all deserve a round of applauds for protecting the very freedoms we as Americans are so fortunate to have. It is too bad that each and every one of them cannot have 15-minutes of fame, but those that are negative in their opinions asking "why her?" "Why not so and so, etc. etc.?" Need to grow the hell up.

Well, I guess thanx for the applause. But like you say ... it's still an opinion, good or bad ... and as far as I know, if you don't ask questions or have opinions ... what a sad world that would be.