Blue Polish Bantam Rooster Available-Show Quality

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have a blue polish bantam rooster that I was told is show quality - his mate died a few months ago, and I'm hoping to find someone who breeds for show to take him so he can do the job he was bred to do. He is approximately 1 year old.

dustin

UAIOE
I was intrigued...

just in case anyone else wanted to know what a Blue Polish Bantam Rooster looked like... :lol:

Blue_Polish_Rooster.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well I don't have bantams usually - I accepted a couple of bantams with the standard polish roos I was picking up at another farm. Let me add a couple pictures of him.

If I don't find a show home for him I am sure he can do fine with other bantams as a pet. Actually he's the boss of one of my standard polish roos that is a bit timid LOL .

Attachments

• Grayson3.jpg
    Grayson3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 146
  • Grayson5.jpg
    Grayson5.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142

Cowgirl

Well I don't have bantams usually - I accepted a couple of bantams with the standard polish roos I was picking up at another farm. Let me add a couple pictures of him.

If I don't find a show home for him I am sure he can do fine with other bantams as a pet. Actually he's the boss of one of my standard polish roos that is a bit timid LOL .

I have bantams and standards, and they all get along. The bantams even boss around the turkeys. Let me know if you can't find a home for him, I'd love to take him!

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I have some bantams in with my standards also and they seem to do well too, except they are lower ranking. I decided to separate the chickens into 3 pens to balance out the power struggles I saw going on. I see several hens now are being feather picked, so I will keep them separate from the pickers. I switched to a higher protein layaer feed which helped the feather picking.

How many chickens/turkeys do you have? Are the turkeys for pets?

Cowgirl

How many chickens/turkeys do you have? Are the turkeys for pets?

I have 19 chickens (four sex links, a bantam cochin, three Old English Game bantams, 3 silkies, a light brama bantam, a frizzle bantam, three barred rocks, 2 Araucanas, and one leghorn cross) and 2 turkeys. The turkeys were originally bought for meat, but I think I have a pair. If I do have a hen and a tom (and not two toms), I'll keep them for breeding. Turkeys are hard to find (and expensive) and most hatcheries require a minimum of 15 turkeys to ship them. I'd rather breed my own.

bantams

Interested

I have a bantam silkie that my mom want to cross breed with a polish. Your rooster is beautiful and I would love to give him a home. I just have a couple of questions. How much would you sell him for and could he be shipped to California?

Cowgirl

I have a bantam silkie that my mom want to cross breed with a polish. Your rooster is beautiful and I would love to give him a home. I just have a couple of questions. How much would you sell him for and could he be shipped to California?

California, MD?

Mojo

I have a blue polish bantam rooster that I was told is show quality - his mate died a few months ago, and I'm hoping to find someone who breeds for show to take him so he can do the job he was bred to do. He is approximately 1 year old.

JJD, is this your new user name :eyebrow:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I forgot to subscribe to this thread and forgot to look back in this topic - sorry - really! I have not placed him yet. I get so many comments about how much he looks like one of the Beatles when he dances around crowing. :dance:I was really hoping to find him a home doing breeding for show. Sounds like you'd be an excellent placement though.

One lady I spoke to said he did indeed have good show qualities, but she already had a blue polish bantam roo. I'll miss him for sure if he goes to another farm, but with only a few pens it's hard to keep more than a couple roos. I'll have to make some more decisions in the coming weeks when I see which ones are trying to crow (chicks).

I have 19 chickens (four sex links, a bantam cochin, three Old English Game bantams, 3 silkies, a light brama bantam, a frizzle bantam, three barred rocks, 2 Araucanas, and one leghorn cross) and 2 turkeys. The turkeys were originally bought for meat, but I think I have a pair. If I do have a hen and a tom (and not two toms), I'll keep them for breeding. Turkeys are hard to find (and expensive) and most hatcheries require a minimum of 15 turkeys to ship them. I'd rather breed my own.

Cowgirl

I forgot to subscribe to this thread and forgot to look back in this topic - sorry - really! I have not placed him yet. I get so many comments about how much he looks like one of the Beatles when he dances around crowing. :dance:I was really hoping to find him a home doing breeding for show. Sounds like you'd be an excellent placement though.

One lady I spoke to said he did indeed have good show qualities, but she already had a blue polish bantam roo. I'll miss him for sure if he goes to another farm, but with only a few pens it's hard to keep more than a couple roos. I'll have to make some more decisions in the coming weeks when I see which ones are trying to crow (chicks).

You can always try going to www.backyardchickens.com. They have message boards and you could see if anyone would like him.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I'll get his picture posted here - I took some and forgot to post them ...... mine looks a bit more HIPPY-like LOL