Kennel Suggestions

alex

I am looking for a good kennel in somd, one that we allow me to keep both my dogs in the same pen. Any suggestions?

joedancer

bookman
pet kennel

Originally posted by appyday
Pet Paradise on Rt 4......... 301-475-2142

I would check with Animal Control before choosing any Kennel to make sure there are no charges of abuse or neglect of animals... nuff said.

spinner

Pet Paradise is nice, very clean, we have left our dogs there a couple of times and my daughter worked there for awhile and she said the owners were great. I wouldn't recommend Three Notch, the adogs are in small runs and only walked in an unfenced area a couple times a day. Sundays they usually only get walked twice. Hollywood Kennels has been purchased and is in the process of cleaning and fixing up...I am not sure when she plans to open but I have spoken to the owner and she seems real nice.

alex

Thanks for the recommendations. I have used Riveria (sp?) kennels in the past but that was over 10 years ago and I am looking for something a little closer to St. Mary's/.

joedancer

bookman
not to be a poop

Originally posted by spinner
Pet Paradise is nice, very clean, we have left our dogs there a couple of times and my daughter worked there for awhile and she said the owners were great. I wouldn't recommend Three Notch, the adogs are in small runs and only walked in an unfenced area a couple times a day. Sundays they usually only get walked twice. Hollywood Kennels has been purchased and is in the process of cleaning and fixing up...I am not sure when she plans to open but I have spoken to the owner and she seems real nice.

Again, check with Animal Control regarding this or any kennel. You may find differing thoughts...

spinner

I spoke to the new owner of Hollywood Kennels today, now named Chesapeake Pet Resort, she seems really nice, will be open for Thanksgiving. The number is 301 373 3400. The email is chessiepets@yahoo.com and she has a website www.chessiepets.com and no I am not getting anything out of posting this, she is my new neighbor and I know how scary it is to open a new business. I just want to help her out.

alex

Spinner,

Thanks for the update on the new kennel but they are only open on weekends until 2004 and I need to board from Tuesday to Monday over the holidays.

spinner

Actually I believe she's changed her mind about only weekends... and I know she has openings for the holidays. You might want to rethink keeping two dogs in the same run, though. Even if they are fine at home, they can get away from each other if they have too. In a kennel there isn't anywhere for one to get away from the other. Maybe they could be in runs next to each other and many places have fenced in areas where they allow the dogs to play and there they can go in together. It's kind of like being the difference in being home with your spouse and in a hotel room with nowhere to go with your spouse for a couple of days. Everybody needs private time, even dogs.

alex

Too late, hubby made reservations at Riveria in Hughesville. We like them but they are so far. As for sharing a run, they will be fine. That is what we always do. They are always together at home the only thing they do not do is eat togther and the kennel has agreed to separate them for feeding.

trailsend

Consider a Professional Pet Sitter

The next time you might want to consider a Professional Pet Sitter. That way your pets can stay in the comfort of their own home. You can find one in your area by going to http://www.petsit.com/ and entering your zip code to find sitters in your area.

I highly recommend you ensure that the Pet Sitter you choose is insured and bonded. By the way, yes I am a Professional Pet Sitter in the St. Mary's County area, and would be happy to refer you to others in other nearby counties.

Barb