Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snyder is thinking about firing him right now

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Snyder IS firing him right now

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Otter

Nothing to see here
Quits the end of the season will be the official explanation and thats how I voted. He will be bought out and shown the door by the little ####ant. No doubt in my mind that the little jerk asked about Bugel's availibility last week when he supposedly paid him for an offensive line consultation. The pompous little azz will continue to market the team to line his pockets and surround himself with his goon lackeys rather than hire a general manager and give him complete control. Think back on the win over New England and savor it, cuz thats the last win of this season......As the lyric goes, Say goodbye to hollywood.

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Y'know, I really want to be a 'Skins fan because I grew up with them. But their tendancy to just toss people aside lately has left a bad taste.

Still got my RAVENS though!

:dude: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :getdown: :dance:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
He'll stay all five years. Maybe in another two he will finally understand what coaching is all about.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...I'll give Ken an "A" for optimism.

I almost didn't add that choice because it is THE long shot.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: Well...

Originally posted by Larry Gude
...I'll give Ken an "A" for optimism.

I almost didn't add that choice because it is THE long shot.
One can hope that he will learn to use his players. Arrington should be playing from the end position with only one job, kill the quarterback. Ramsey should be pistol whipped if he ever calls another audible. The coach needs to coach for a couple of games to show that he knows how to do it and to hell with all the theatrics of these "stars".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See...

...the thing is, nobody can disagree with what you are saying because obviously those areas are all screwed up...

BUT...

All of these people KNOW football. All the coaches played it and have been coaching at some level most of their lives. All the players have been playing the game pretty much since they could walk so they've all had umpteen coaches.

Everybody who has ever coached or played more than a few seasons in the league, ever, all knew enough and had enough talent to play the damn game. They all know way more than any reporter or upset fan like me no matter their W/L record.

We make our observations based on Sunday on TV and a replay or two of every play. Reporters have that plus a few inside comments here and there. The players and coaches look at HOURS of tape of the same play or series over and over again. The Dallas Cowboys didn't suddenly get to use 12 or 13 players. The Skins didn't suddenly get forced to use only 9 or 10 the last four weeks.

We've all had numerous jobs. We've all had numerous bosses. Even the bad ones KNEW what they were doing to some extent. The differences in success and failure are all in how the boss, the leader at the top, goes about it. Great people can only go so far if the top is constantly ####ing everything up. Mediocre people, however, can do more than might be expected with great leadership.

There is merit in the critizisms of Spurrier having such a talent edge in college that coaching was less important BUT Spurrier doesn't sit there watching film, see Ramsey ket killed once again with NOBODY open for miles around and say "Hey! let's use that one again this week!"

There is always a break down when a system on this level fails. Penalties, missed assignment, missed read. We've seen it all. This stuff works on paper and works in practice when it is being EXECUTED. It works when the players BELIEVE in a system and react, not think. That is a split second difference and that is the difference from college. College is a bit more than a split second. High School more than that. Talent alone overcomes mistakes up to a point.

Agreed???

So, the problem?

Leadership.

Spurrier has no authority. He can only control, can only lead, what he is in charge of and it is not the players.

Therefore, what, exactly, are the players suppossed to believe in?
Who are they following???

Ken King

PREMO Member
Re: See...

So, the problem?

Leadership.

Spurrier has no authority. He can only control, can only lead, what he is in charge of and it is not the players.

Therefore, what, exactly, are the players suppossed to believe in?
Who are they following???
So if I catch what you are saying some of the players are only dealing with Danny-boy. It sure looks like that as they aren't listening to the coach.

How many plays will the "O" line look back with that :confused: look on their faces? No wonder they aren't going back helping the kid off the ground when he gets creamed. If only one series they did the planned play I would bet that they might actually produce.

Arrington has got to be one of the most intense players in the league. But when he is running "Helter-Skelter" around the field trying to do it all it's easy to get around him.

If they would drop to the basics and just perform their assigned tasks they would do a lot better.

One thing for sure, it will take a long time before I care to watch them play. Right now it is just too painful to watch, though at times it certainly is amusing.

I still think Spurrier will go full contract, it can only be hoped that he takes charge of the team and gets them to play as one versus all the individuals out there wearing the same jersey. Until that happens you can expect similar results as what we have seen over the past couple of years.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So, things will...

...suddenly go 180 degrees as far as staying the (a, ANY!) course?

I still think Spurrier will go full contract

Jack Kent Cooke, and most owners treat players as what they are: very high priced and important employees.

Instead of saying "Glad to have you! My expectations are that you will exceed your reputation or you wouldn't be here!" private jets are flying around to pick guys up to wine and dine with the owner.

What, like now they are your best friend? A partner in the business? It's so rediculously phony. The players aren't idiots. The guy has this gleem in his eye like a 12 year old. Lunch with Neon? Yeah!!!!

They are not just taking the mans money, they're working hard but they are not in charge of the plan and they are being treated like they are.

What the hell would morale around your pond be like if your 'boss' brought in a guy from his old place who knew how he did things, to help show how it's done. This guy, Weurfful, KNOWS the system but he can't do the work at this level, this pace, so, your bosses boss cuts the guy loose against your bosses wishes, so he ####ed. "Am I running the show or not?"

THEN your boss works to get the guy back. Smooths things over. "We still can use you to get this new guy up to speed".

"Nope. I gotta go to Church".

Guys, players, coaches, go to work. They try hard, but that little tiny extra effort, the one drop of effort more that tips the scales your way ain't and can't be there with this atmosphere.

It's hesitation. It's doubt.

A boss can ALWAYS get success out of people the way Snyder operates in a business climate. If you are one of the top 32 in the world, hell, that's huge. But the success will never have that fine edge that makes it THE best.

The Skins are one of 32 just by showing up but the yard stick here is to be #1. That's why we play the games and that persuit is why we watch games.

The Skins are just so very stuck right now. The plan that HAD to work...can't work. Hindsight is 20-20 (Jesus, I'm becoming my father!). Optimism ain't.

He HAS to stay with Spurrier and give him control or we start all over again. He CAN'T stay with Spurrier because he isn't willing to give his toy to someone else.

Dispair.

Ken King

PREMO Member
I thought he would stay, that is what it will take to build a winner unless Snyder gets himself the Tuna. Now wouldn't that p!ss off the rest of the division?

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
If I were writing a macabre novel about football, I would write a scene where the disgraced coach calls a press conference to announce his resignation, then whips out a pistol and commits suicide in front of the assembled media.

Then, I would have the owner exposed as an unfeeling dork. He would be overheard saying with pleasure that the suicide saved the team from having to pay the coach's severance costs.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ton...

...don't drink this new years eve dude.

Steve Spurrier got paid $10 mil the last 24 months for his 'misery' and disgrace and Snyder is clearly more involved in making money than winning football games. It's not that big a deal.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Ton...

It's not that big a deal.

True. That $10 million is more than enough compensation for the pounding that Spurrier took from fans and from the media. I was just trying to go for sick humor, imagining a coach who was worn down by the constant criticism and who wanted the last laugh. I kept waiting for Bobby Knight to go beserk and start punching reporters left and right.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How about the fans then...

...the ones paying $100 a seat for season tickets including having to pay for the stupid pre-season ticket and then getting stuck, 10 weekends in the fall, and all day affair to go to a game for...chaos.

Write about a fan riot!!!

Or better yet, all the fans fire the team in unison.

Ha.