YAY for Dogs!

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Going to break my arm patting myself on the back here: I rescued 3 dogs from the pound in the last month and found homes for them all in timespan of 2 weeks. They'd all been there for over a month and were getting ready to be killed. *get this*: When I was casually discussing how many animals I'd rescued, the kennel manager got snippy and told me that "I take offense at that word. You can't say that you are rescuing animals from this facility" and left it at that. No explaination. If I didn't take those dogs, they'd be dead. How is that not being rescued? :confused:

Any way, I found really good homes for 3 dogs so she can :biteme:

Nosenheimer

Originally posted by Hello6
Going to break my arm patting myself on the back here: I rescued 3 dogs from the pound in the last month and found homes for them all in timespan of 2 weeks. They'd all been there for over a month and were getting ready to be killed. *get this*: When I was casually discussing how many animals I'd rescued, the kennel manager got snippy and told me that "I take offense at that word. You can't say that you are rescuing animals from this facility" and left it at that. No explaination. If I didn't take those dogs, they'd be dead. How is that not being rescued? :confused:

Any way, I found really good homes for 3 dogs so she can :biteme:

:clap:

K

Kizzy

:clap: WTG! You can pat yourself on your back, because you DID rescue them.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
I could've used you on the last dog I got, shaggy little lasa/poodle/terrier mix. I got her adopted before I could get an appointment at my groomer. The reason she sat in her little cage in the pound was that she was so shaggy and dirty. She hated being with her own filth so she'd eat her poops and get it in her little beard and look awful. She sat there a month, I 'd bathed her 2 times and finally got her out. Bathed her on a Saturday and on Monday the vet's office called and offered to do it again, neglecting to tell me that they'd charge 22.50 for it. :burning: I could've had her hair cut for that! At least now she stays clean since she doesn't have to eat her waste.

watercolor

yeah yeah
Good Going Hello6. I am very happy to hear that you were able to do that. keep up the good work-may need to call on ya bout 9 mths from now- we may have our own house- and so- we will have the chance to adopt a dog.

I wish I had the heart to adopt the older ones- who are needing a home- and a warm place to know they are loved before they pass. But I am the type that gets WAY TOO attached.

Like this kitten that was in front of our place this morning- I am going to have issues letting go...unless one of our friends take her. She is just a little baby...5 weeks if that! But our land lord will cow- if we keep her.

Last edited: