Fantasy Football Anyone???

zyrne

I've set up a free League on yahoo, if anyone's interested, claim a team.

The League ID is 142595
Password : SOMD

zyrne

Nothin' too intense

I think I set it for 12 teams, but that can be changed as needed, so can the roster size.
Starting lineup is 1 Qb, 2Rb, 3Wr, 1Te,1 K, 1 Team D.
No individual defensive players...that makes it too hard for all but the most hardcore players.

Autopick draft....set you preferences, when everyone is ready, let the computer run the draft. It's just too hard to get that many
people together online at one time for the draft.

But hey...If there's enough interest we could always change it to an offline draft and draft over some brews at a pub or something.

Maximum Number of Teams: 12
Maximum Players on a Team: 21
Maximum Moves: No maximum
Maximum Trades: No maximum
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head League
Waiver Time: 2 days
Last Trade Date: Friday, November 15
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams)
Bye Points: Yes
Fractional Points: No
Negative Points: Yes
Starting Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF
Statistical Categories (Offense): Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (6)
Interceptions (-2)
Sacks (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Yards (25 yards per point)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2 Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)

Statistical Categories (Kickers): Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-3)
Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (-1)
Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-3)

Statistical Categories (Defense Teams): 0 Pts Allowed (15)
1-6 Pts Allowed (10)
7-13 Pts Allowed (5)
14-20 Pts Allowed (0)
21-27 Pts Allowed (0)
28-34 Pts Allowed (-5)
35+ Pts Allowed (-10)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (4)
Block Kick (3)

fuzzyng

Someone wanna explain the concept of fantasy football to me? i know a lot of people play it, but how...? *L* I'm dense...

zyrne

Basic Concept

Well, the basic concept is that all the team owners draft players,
so only one team has Kurt Warner, one team has Ricky Williams, etc.

You submit a starting lineup from your roster for that weekends football games, and you earn points based on how your players perform during that weekends games. You get matched up against another team for that weekend and whichever fantasy team scores the most points, gets a "win" for the week, and the other gets a "loss" for the week.

zyrne

Draft

Well, it's the league is set up to use an computer generateed draft based on player rankings that you set.

But....if everyone is willing/able, we could have a live draft somewhere, perhaps Northridge. But that requires everyone to be there.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
I quit Fantasy Football a few years ago because live drafts were too time consuming. My vote would be to go with the web-based form draft. My question was really more about "when" Yahoo runs the drafts. With ESPN, we used to set our list, and indicate that we were ready, and then they would pool all of the "ready's" create leagues and draft automatically, on an every other day schedule. So, I was just wondering what Yahoo's schedule is?

zyrne

With yahoo, you form the league first, then have the teams set their draft list.
Once everyone has set their draft list, there's an option to set the league to "Ready" and then sometime overnight, the computer runs the draft.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Draft Day Tomorrow... Yahoo!

Geez Jet! Why the hostility? Just posturing for week 3 or did you really want to sit around for 3 hours and do a live draft? :bonk:

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Trades Anyone?

I'm pretty satisfied with my draft, but if anyone is looking to make a trade, I'd be willing to negotiate.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Well, maybe we should put some skins in the league, and then it might "pay" to sit through a live draft.

Believe me, I can accomplish a lot in 12 hours, and visit with my friends.

I'm glad you get a kick out of laughing at your friends boners. I tend to prefer more heterosexual entertainment.

:cool: