NCAA Football 10

warneckutz

IT IS?!?! I didn't even realize the date! Damn! I gotta buy this! The Gators are gonna be so sick. If they aren't 99 all over the board I'm gonna choke EA Sports!

I'm trying to decide which teams to use... One will be a contender and I have to pick a team that would never, ever stand a chance (I'm sure there's an acheivement to earn for making a 1-star team into a 5-star team, just like previous years)...

I was thinking about WVU for the contender...

Beta84

They're out to get us
I'm trying to decide which teams to use... One will be a contender and I have to pick a team that would never, ever stand a chance (I'm sure there's an acheivement to earn for making a 1-star team into a 5-star team, just like previous years)...

I was thinking about WVU for the contender...

yeah for dynasty, I used FAU last time. That was probably too easy. FIU would have been -slightly- tougher since they started out worse, but being in Florida is just too easy to make your team into a contender. It may take awhile, but it's bound to happen unless you suck :lol:

and of course, the good team I always use is the Gators. My backup is Miami and sometimes I'll switch it up with a mid-tier BCS team that usually won't hit top 25 and make em good.

thurley42

HY;FR
yep! I was out all evening so I didn't have a chance to play it, but I'm going to start the minute I get home today. :biggrin:

def let me know how it is...i have softball everyday this week and golf/Nats game on Saturday so Sunday is the earliest i'll get to it...

Beta84

They're out to get us
def let me know how it is...i have softball everyday this week and golf/Nats game on Saturday so Sunday is the earliest i'll get to it...

if i don't remember to post about it tomorrow be sure to bump this! i'll look at Ohio State a little bit for you

warneckutz

I played one game last night. The controls are a bit different, the game moves a little faster when playing defense I think.

I chose #23 WVU for my powerhouse team but their regular season schedule is horrible. Sooooo... I put #1 Florida in for a week-1 matchup.

Lots of injuries, only one that was severe was my RB, but it was a 1-week injury. Both QB's for each team went down a few times, but WVU routed them, 35-7.

WVU is now ranked 17th.
Florida is now ranked 10th.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I played one game last night. The controls are a bit different, the game moves a little faster when playing defense I think.

I chose #23 WVU for my powerhouse team but their regular season schedule is horrible. Sooooo... I put #1 Florida in for a week-1 matchup.

Lots of injuries, only one that was severe was my RB, but it was a 1-week injury. Both QB's for each team went down a few times, but WVU routed them, 35-7.

WVU is now ranked 17th.
Florida is now ranked 10th.

yeah, first game I played was against OSU and they friggin killed Tebow in the 2nd quarter on a bootleg. He wasn't even hit hard! So I had Spikes kill Prior to get revenge and we played the rest of the game backup vs backup :evil:

Gameplay controls were pretty similar, Florida's playbook was basically identical with maybe a few changes here and there, but the camera angle was a little different and I'll have to get used to that change.

I hadn't played '09 in awhile but the pass coverage seemed pretty good from the computer...maybe I was just making dumb decisions, but it seemed alot more intuitive in years past and was able to jump certain routes. That forced me to modify my gameplay a bit.

I liked that the computer players will try to run the other way with a ball if they think they forced a turnover. Adding Erin Andrews was sweet :hot:

There are some new features that seem interesting...the defensive player camera option is interesting to try. The strategy stuff is a little different than last year during timeouts and it's also offered before each half. I have a feeling family mode is to allow every team to be equal for people that wanna play each other.

I was annoyed that UF's offense was tied for #2 at an A+ with Texas (OU was #1)...but UF's defense and overall were both #1. The team is friggin LOADED! :cartwheel

Last edited:

warneckutz

yeah, first game I played was against OSU and they friggin killed Tebow in the 2nd quarter on a bootleg. He wasn't even hit hard! So I had Spikes kill Prior to get revenge and we played the rest of the game backup vs backup :evil:

Gameplay controls were pretty similar, Florida's playbook was basically identical with maybe a few changes here and there, but the camera angle was a little different and I'll have to get used to that change.

I hadn't played '09 in awhile but the pass coverage seemed pretty good from the computer...maybe I was just making dumb decisions, but it seemed alot more intuitive in years past and was able to jump certain routes. That forced me to modify my gameplay a bit.

I liked that the computer players will try to run the other way with a ball if they think they forced a turnover. Adding Erin Andrews was sweet :hot: They got rid of pump up the crowd for 1st and 2nd down, but it's there on 3rd and 4th.

There are some new features that seem interesting...the defensive player camera option is interesting to try. The strategy stuff is a little different than last year during timeouts and it's also offered before each half. I have a feeling family mode is to allow every team to be equal for people that wanna play each other.

I was annoyed that UF's offense was tied for #2 at an A+ with Texas (OU was #1)...but UF's defense and overall were both #1. The team is friggin LOADED! :cartwheel

So... who won?

thurley42

HY;FR
nice review...i have a hard time believing that the Gaytors were able to take down the force that is Terrelle Pryor...you must have had it on Freshman difficulty....:killingme

sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to get this....i also need to get the new Tiger Woods as well...

Beta84

They're out to get us
nice review...i have a hard time believing that the Gaytors were able to take down the force that is Terrelle Pryor...you must have had it on Freshman difficulty....:killingme

sounds like a lot of fun, can't wait to get this....i also need to get the new Tiger Woods as well...

psh, please. We're rated higher than blOwSU in every category. Pryor isn't rated all that great. He's only a sophomore and he's no Tim Tebow.

Also, that strategy stuff I mentioned...it pops up during timeouts and before each half, but I realized it's available all the time.

thurley42

HY;FR
psh, please. We're rated higher than blOwSU in every category. Pryor isn't rated all that great. He's only a sophomore and he's no Tim Tebow.

Also, that strategy stuff I mentioned...it pops up during timeouts and before each half, but I realized it's available all the time.

you are right he's not Tim Tebow...i don't think it is humanly possible to be that huge of a douche!