Fix my problem!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I keep getting a popup that tells me I'm getting ready to view secure and unsecure items on a page and asking me if I want to view it. I want it to quit doing this and just give me the damn page without me having to okay it each time. I went into my security options and turned off all the prompts but it's still doing it.

Can anyone help me? :bawl:

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I keep getting a popup that tells me I'm getting ready to view secure and unsecure items on a page and asking me if I want to view it. I want it to quit doing this and just give me the damn page without me having to okay it each time. I went into my security options and turned off all the prompts but it's still doing it.

browser? :confused:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member

Internet Options, Advanced, "warn before switching between secure and non-secure links". Uncheck it.

mainman

Set Trippin
IE 5.5 running on a PC with Win XP.
one more thing that might help is a url of one of the sites that you are getting this on...

First things first you might want to consider updating the browser..

I am using 6.0.280..

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Fix my problem!

Originally posted by Ken King
Internet Options, Advanced, "warn before switching between secure and non-secure links". Uncheck it.
or that...:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I did that already. :bawl: It's possessed! The Ghost in the Machine! It hates me and doesn't want me to get my gift guide done!

Ken King

PREMO Member
I did that already. :bawl: It's possessed! The Ghost in the Machine! It hates me and doesn't want me to get my gift guide done!
Does the dialogue box that pops up have a little box that you can check to stop the warning?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Does the dialogue box that pops up have a little box that you can check to stop the warning?
Now, Ken, if it had that, don't you think I'd have checked it by now? :duh: :lmao:

No, really though - keep the suggestions coming. I'm at my wits end. :burning:lol

Ken King

PREMO Member
Now, Ken, if it had that, don't you think I'd have checked it by now? :duh: :lmao:

No, really though - keep the suggestions coming. I'm at my wits end. :burning:lol
PM the site and I'll see if it does the same to me.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PM the site and I'll see if it does the same to me.
Can't - it's a password protected Admin site for one of our affiliates. :bawl: I'll just upgrade to 6.0 and see if it won't quit it.

:bawl:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
After you reset your security preferences did you close and reopen IE? You can always do what IT at work tells us to do...reboot. Seriously, sometimes the changes don't take effect until you reboot, they are in the registry.

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by jlabsher
After you reset your security preferences did you close and reopen IE? You can always do what IT at work tells us to do...reboot. Seriously, sometimes the changes don't take effect until you reboot, they are in the registry.
ITs answer for just about everything.. DOn't even call me until you reboot...

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Originally posted by mainman
ITs answer for just about everything.. DOn't even call me until you reboot...

:shrug: But it's true! One of my users couldn't log on to the network this morning...he did a reboot and it fixed it!

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Voter2002
:shrug: But it's true! One of my users couldn't log on to the network this morning...he did a reboot and it fixed it!
Oh, I am agreeing with jlab.. I am IT too... I constantly tell my goons.. Reboot, then call... but do they ever listen? NOOOOO.... I have actually considered putting little post its on all monitors, noting to reboot before you call and anger the IT gods...
I don't think that would work either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by mainman
Oh, I am agreeing with jlab..
I hear ya. And also turn off your capslock before you call and tell me your password isn't working. :lol:

While rebooting fixes 99.9% of my problems, it's not fixing this one. :ohwell: I'll upgrade the browser and see if that doesn't work. But now I'm done with that site and on to one that doesn't give me stress so I'll probably forget until next time.

Thanks for the help, guys - it's just a SFM. :shrug: