When You Get Sick ...

When you get sick (a cold, flu, etc.), are you:

• Superman/Superwoman -- nothing keeps you down?

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Taking sick leave every day of the cold, even if you don't feel totally crappy?

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • A big baby, wanting to stay in bed, be taken care of and brought hot tea & soup in bed?

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • I don't get sick.

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Other ... explain.

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
what kind of patient are you?

I'm an absolute baby when I get sick. I want to stay in bed, curled up in the blankets, have hot tea and soup brought to me while I rest and watch tv or sleep my sick butt off. :ohwell:

Last edited:

mainman

Set Trippin
I voted other, I never call out for colds and such... I cannot afford to miss a day... I usually get 8-10 hours of OT a week... SO missing even one day would throw me back... However, if I get a really bad one, like a flu type deal.. I am as big a :baby: as they come...:bawl:

K

Kain99

Sounds luxurious but I haven't laid sick in bed for 16 years. :bawl:

BTW I'm sick too...... Sore throat, runny nose, stuffy head. If these are your symptoms please PM me. :biggrin:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I'm not a complete baby, but do like to be taken care of. If it's just a mild thing like a cold I'd rather be left alone to lounge on the couch, etc... If I'm deathly ill with the flu I don't want anyone pestering me, but do want them to get me what I need when I need it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Rarely do I get sick. Sometimes, I might catch a cough and stuffy nose but it hardly keeps me down. I haven't had the flu in years (no, I don't get the shot either). Of course I probably just jinxed myself for stating that. :lol:

K

Kizzy

I feel sick everyday I have to get up and go to work, but on Friday it all passes.

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Kain99
Sounds luxurious but I haven't laid for 16 years. :bawl:

BTW I'm sick too...... Sore throat, runny nose, stuffy head, see things, hear voices, have uncontrolable fits of rage followed by intense sadness, . If these are your symptoms please PM me. :biggrin:
:twitch:

crabcake

Originally posted by fddog
I get real sick once a year.:biggrin: and then i take nyquil and :dance: i feel so much better

nyquil huh? is that like a cure-all for everything that bothers you? :cool:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I rarely get sick enough to take a day off. But when I do, I want to sleep it off without any offers of food, pillow plumping, beverages, etc. I think it's sweet that they want to take care of me, I really do. BUT GET THE HELL OUT AND LET ME SLEEP!!!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I rarely get sick enough to take a day off. But when I do, I want to sleep it off without any offers of food, pillow plumping, beverages, etc. I think it's sweet that they want to take care of me, I really do. BUT GET THE HELL OUT AND LET ME SLEEP!!!!!

:yeahthat:

I was just about to type that. :lmao: My philosophy when sick is "just leave me alone and let my body heal itself." I don't want to be coddled nor giving hot tea to drink.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
It never used to bother me when I got sick, now it seems to last longer and be worse. Could it be age? Nah.....

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Ditto. Last time I was sick I slept for two days and then back to work. Sounded horrible, but felt much better.

crabcake

Originally posted by Kyle
Go right into work. Gotta spread it around a bit.

:bonk: I think that's how I got it in the first place. Someone at work has been coughing constantly since last Wednesday. :mad: She won't take the day off when she's sick, but by God, let there be a sale at Hecht's and she's putting in leave request forms. :duh:

citysherry

I Need a Beer
I very rarely ever get sick because my immune system works too well, which has its own set of problems. Just 2 weeks ago, the kids and husband had a terrible cold that turned into acute bronchitis/early phenomena, they were all home for 5 days on antibiotics and steroid inhalers. I never even got the cold. :clap:

LeeLoo

Teach me to talk
:lmao: That's what I am doing right now! Infecting my co-workers before our Bahamas trip. I am sure they all will thank me later. :biggrin:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

That's how I got the cold I had last week. My co-worker came in for two frickin' hours because she just HAD to get something done, but she's taken sick leave so she can go to a sporting event. :duh:

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon
Rarely do I get sick. Sometimes, I might catch a cough and stuffy nose but it hardly keeps me down. I haven't had the flu in years (no, I don't get the shot either). Of course I probably just jinxed myself for stating that. :lol:
:yeahthat: I take a Contaq and keep chugging along.

watercolor

yeah yeah
I chose other. Because of the fact that I become lethargic, and distant. I dont really want anyone around me. But I am also the top one 'superman' or whatever- because I hardly ever call out- unless I am dying or horfing my brains out.