Zylak for Sheriff Campaign

David Zylak

Ken,

I feel the I am the man for the job because of my diverse experience in the Sheriff's Office. I've been a supervisor in every Division and I gained valuable budget experience during my Command of the Detention Center. My budget was $5 million annually and I was in command for two full budget cycle and the best part of a third cycle.

I've been living in St. Mary's County since 1978 and worked in the county since 1979. I was a Forest Ranger working in St. Mary's before joining the Sheriff's Office.

I know how the Sheriff's Office works, i.e. policies & procedures. I know how the county government works and I've made many valuable contacts over the years. I will not bad mouth my Democratic opponent, but I feel he would be at a disadvantage by not having the knowledge of the Sheriff's Office. It will take him at least two years to get a feel for the Office. His law enforcement experience is in Prince George's County and he has NO administrative experience.

I have been building partnerships with people in this county for many years as a Ranger and Deputy and I feel those people have a respect for my work ethics.

I know the Sheriff MUST cooperate with the Board of County Commissioners and their relationship should be one of mutual trust and respect. I believe I have the personality and ability to have that kind of relationship with any BOCC.

I plan to pursue National Accreditation which will give the Sheriff's Office a set of standards to comply with. This means a more professionalism, better service deliverability, fair promotional system and fair hiring practices to the citizens (to mention a few).

There are many things to do and I realize it is a big job that cannot be done over night. I have a passion to be the next Sheriff of St. Mary's County and you can rest assured that I will put my heart and soul into improving your Sheriff's Office.

I hope this wasn't to long winded, but sometimes there is no "25 word or less" answer.

Thanks for asking Ken,
David

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Dave,

That wasn't too long and I appreciate the effort you took to reply. I too feel experience and an understanding of what goes on in the county is significant. I like your comment about not "bad mouthing" your opponent. It shows character and that is one quality that holds high regard for me.

Again thanks.

Ken

G

giggles04

Originally posted by David Zylak

There are many things to do and I realize it is a big job that cannot be done over night. I have a passion to be the next Sheriff of St. Mary's County and you can rest assured that I will put my heart and soul into improving your Sheriff's Office.

----------------------------------

Mr. Zylak,

Just to let you know... you're getting a many a vote from the Southend. Best of luck to you:) I know you'd be the right man for the job!

David Zylak

There will be a Sheriff's candidate forum on Thursday, August 15th at the Smeco building in Leonardtown at 7:30pm for all those interested. The forum is hosted by the Medley's Neck Citizens Association.

David Zylak

demsformd

Mr. Zylak I've heard great things about you from several people. You have my vote and I sincerly hope that you can take the Sheriff's department out of the hands of corrupt Republicans.

G

giggles04

Originally posted by demsformd
Mr. Zylak I've heard great things about you from several people. You have my vote and I sincerly hope that you can take the Sheriff's department out of the hands of corrupt Republicans.

Exactly!!!:biggrin:

I'm going to try my best and get to the canidate forum Thursday night!

bad1032

MR Zylak
congrats on the endorsement of the real news paper.The Enterprise.You have my vote,I have been to several debates and YOU have what it takes to run the Sheriffs Office.good luck

David Zylak

Originally posted by bad1032
MR Zylak
congrats on the endorsement of the real news paper.The Enterprise.You have my vote,I have been to several debates and YOU have what it takes to run the Sheriffs Office.good luck

Thank you for your support and your vote of confidence. I do plan to be here after the primary and run hard to the General.

Dave

bad1032

cariblue

Wake up and get in the game.They must have pulled the wool over your eyes...Zylak is the correct person for the job.No one else....live with the fact your men didnt get any endorsement...and quit cryin. Anyone can put b.s on paper that looks good but facts are facts,and by the way,my head isnt up his butt or anywhere close to him ,thank you bad1032.

GO ZYLAK for Sheriff.

blueline

Cariblue,

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one -

All candidates involved have years of police experience, but the job of the Sheriff is that of a CEO. None of them will be out beating the streets and answering calls on a regular or semi-regular basis.

From what I've been able to learn, Morris has zero administrative experience. While Sacks has upper level management experience, so does Zylak with the administration of the Detention Center - along with managing a budget of around 5 million bucks.

Morris and Haynie have received the endorsement of the St. Mary's Today - Bailey and Zylak received the endorsement of The Enterprise. Sacks got the nod from Sheriff Voorhaar - so with that, I can only guess that if Sacks wins, nothing will change at the sheriff's department. One thing that place needs is change.

For more info on all of them, here's the websites -

Mickey Bailey - www.baileyforsheriff.com
Tom Haynie - www.votehaynie.com
Tom Sacks - www.sacksforsheriff.com
Dan Morris - www.morrisforsheriff.com
Dave Zylak - www.davidzylak.com

Don't forget to vote! : )

bad1032

I am with you Blue line.The Sheriffs office needs a change bad..if the one gets in there it will be 4 more years of the same ol b.s.He plans on keeping things as they are.As for cariblue,he also stated there is no morale problem at the Sheriffs office at one of the forums.Wake up, alot of those Deputies are moving on to other agencies to get away from it.So if there is going to be a positive change it is with Zylak for sheriff

blueline

I forgot about that - I heard him say that at a forum also. There's been a few officers this year alone that have moved on to greener pastures....after being trained by the county. The end result on that is that is cost the county money to train them, then more money to train another person who takes that vacancy. Not to mention the loss of that EXPERIENCED deputy being replaced by someone new.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
As I've said before, I don't see how ANY sheriff can fix the massive political problems in the department. Promotions and assignments are being used as political weapons. It doesn't matter whether the new sheriff is an insider or an outsider. An insider will just be part of the problem, while an outsider will be one man against the entrenched factions.

bad1032

Way to go Zylak.Keep up the good work.You will get there in November.MR.Morris,MR.Bailey,and Yourself had a good clean race,see you at the next forum,and go Zylak for Sheriff::

G

giggles04

:biggrin: Congrats Mr. Zylak! It made things better yesterday evening, once I found out you got it! I told you it would be close! Congrats:smile:

blueline

Bad,

You're right, they ran a gentleman's race. Glad to see David won the primary and I'll be pulling for him in the general election in November. It will be nice to finally see a change for the better in the Sheriff's Department.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
Republicans for Zylak

Although I am a registered Republican, I must throw my support to Dave Zylak after the primary results came out.

To mature in an organization, to grow and understand an organization, and to gain knowledge and experience in an organization requires you to move around, get new experiences, get a taste of what others do in that organization. Do the job that you - as a leader - require the people under you do...lead by example.

Mr. Bailey, in my mind, just doesn't cover the bases in any of those respects. For someone to spend so much time in one position (D.A.R.E.) and not experience all that the Sheriff Department offers does not give him the breadth of experience I would want in our next sheriff. I admire his dedication to D.A.R.E., but you need more than that on your resume to be the top dawg in this county. The sheriff's office is rife with corruption, back-door deals, winks & nods....and needs to be cleaned up and set on a correct course.

Unless anyone out there can convince me otherwise, I think Zylak might be the one that needs to clean house in Leonardtown. Am I missing something about Bailey's experience? Am I wrong?:confused:

David Zylak

I would like to thank all of you who supported me in the Primary Election on Sept. 10th. It was a long hard road getting there and Dan Morris was a gentleman and a good competitor. I'm sure he and I will remain friends and he certainly has no reason not to hold his head high. He and his committe ran a great race.

I will continue to monitor this forum and respond to questions and issues as they arise. I look forward to the General Election on November 5th and I am confident that Mickey Bailey and I will have good, clean race.

I see one Republican has posted in support of me and I hope many more Republicans and Democrats will support me in November.

Thank you all,
David Zylak