police scammers

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
I'm just messing around with you. Radioshack sells them, but you'd be better off buying a base scanner. They seem to have much better clarity. Uniden would be my brand of choice, if you were going to go that route. That said, I have a Pro-97 and it has pretty good reception all over the county.

Jayn

Jay
The intranetz has no rules!

I'm just messing around with you. Radioshack sells them, but you'd be better off buying a base scanner. They seem to have much better clarity. Uniden would be my brand of choice, if you were going to go that route. That said, I have a Pro-97 and it has pretty good reception all over the county.

Oh ok thanks, but you know that's sounds what just what they do.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
It really blows my mind, I am listening to the feed right now clear as day. And yet you can't buy scanners
You can buy scanners. You can't buy scammers. Police don't like scammers.

Last edited:

dgates80

Land of the lost
Hey can you still buy those hand held police scanners and if so where?

Radio Shack Pro-97 is a good choice. I like the Uniden Bearcat scanners personally, and the Calvert SOMD scanner is a Bearcat BCT-15, about $200 and is well suited to both base station and vehicle dash mounting. The BCT-15 is fully computer control compatible as are most modern scanners.

You want to be sure to get a scanner that is capable of working with "trunking" radio systems. Both Calvert and St. Mary's use analog trunking systems.

A lot of good info in RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

-- Don

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I have the Radio Shack Pro-96 handheld Digital Trunking scanner and it has great reception. It also came pre-programmed. Just wait for them to go on sale. I think I paid $350 on sale when it was normaly $500.