3 hp outboard

frank67

I have a 3 hp outboard motor I use on the lakes here in southern California and some of the back waters off the colorado river, its to small for going out on the river, would it be to small to to use on the Pax to get to the back waters off the Pax, will be moving to california MD. in April.............Frank

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by frank67
I have a 3 hp outboard motor I use on the lakes here in southern California and some of the back waters off the colorado river, its to small for going out on the river, would it be to small to to use on the Pax to get to the back waters off the Pax, will be moving to california MD. in April.............Frank
Not if you got a lot of time on your hands. My first boat was a 6 hp evinrude on a 14 foot john boat. It went nowhere fast, yet I had plenty of time on my hands back then so it didn't matter. I used it mainly to fish the local creeks for perch and catfish.

Also depends on what part of Pax you'll be using the boat/motor on. If down around Solomon's it's too small. If further north around Benedict, it'll probably work out very well. You might fight that it runs a trot line for crabbing very well.

frank67

Thanks Bulldawg for the lnfo...........I'll stick to the back waters off the main river, You have so many kinds of fish in your waters in MD. that it will take me some time to adjust......but thats the fun of it.....Frank67

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There is also St. Mary's Lake where a small boat and motor are perfect.

BullDawg

Duck Molester
Originally posted by Ken King
There is also St. Mary's Lake where a small boat and motor are perfect.
I'm not positive, but I don't think you can run a gas powered motor on St. Mary's lake. I think all of the freshwater lakes/ponds in SOMD require electric motors.

frank67

Guess I'll have to get a pair of oars for the lakes.........thanks Ken......bulldawg........maybe see you on the water sometime next year................Frank67:cheers:

frank67

Got the info Ken, Thanks......I see St Mayys lake is close to Leonardtown, my son and his family live there,we will be liviing close to them........frank :clap: