Priority 1?

dgates80

Land of the lost
Turned up the volume a little while ago on the Calvert scanner and heard a Priority 1 patient transport being diverted to SMH because CMH is on red alert. Anybody know: a) where / what produced a Pri 1 and b) what's going on that has CMH on red alert?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
more like the ER is temporarily full. it was Calvert on red.

Oh. I thought it meant the entire hospital. :lol: What is a "sinkleble" (spelling it like it sounds) episode. Before you laugh, that's what it sounds like when it comes over the scanner, quite frequently. I can't figure out what it is.

BuckinRut

Oh. I thought it meant the entire hospital. :lol: What is a "sinkleble" (spelling it like it sounds) episode. Before you laugh, that's what it sounds like when it comes over the scanner, quite frequently. I can't figure out what it is.

Fainting episodes

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

G1G4

Find em Hot, Leave em Wet
A syncopal episode is when someone faints, and it could be alot of things which is why syncope is treated with an ALS unit. Low blood count, irregular heartbeat or blood clots can cause syncope.
And if the hospital is on red alert, it essentially means unless your dying, your not getting a bed for awhile -- so make that stretcher comfortable.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
A syncopal episode is when someone faints, and it could be alot of things which is why syncope is treated with an ALS unit. Low blood count, irregular heartbeat or blood clots can cause syncope.
And if the hospital is on red alert, it essentially means unless your dying, your not getting a bed for awhile -- so make that stretcher comfortable.

Not a good day to have a medical emergency....