Stowaway

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
The most aggressive black snake I've ever encountered. After getting him out of the canoe he thought he was a cobra. I got a free adrenalin rush but could have done with out it.

Attachments

• Various 317.jpg
    Various 317.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 242
  • Various 319.jpg
    Various 319.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 226

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The most aggressive black snake I've ever encountered. After getting him out of the canoe he thought he was a cobra. Got a free adrenalin rush but could have done with out it.

I love that pose, he actually looks like a cobra at first glance, he's got his body coiled to look like the hood on a cobra. Very cool!

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I had him just in front of me holding that pose for a few minutes. Wish I had a better camera.

Attachments

• Various 316.jpg
    Various 316.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 187
  • Various 318.jpg
    Various 318.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 219

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I had him just in front of me holding that pose for a few minutes. Wish I had a better camera.

Amazing how animals have a certain defense mechanism to scare away predators, this must have been his, sure would have scared me away.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
The most aggressive black snake I've ever encountered. After getting him out of the canoe he thought he was a cobra. I got a free adrenalin rush but could have done with out it.

And how was Dem reacting to this?
That would of been a good pic.

Lilypad

I found a 4'er in my sunroom yesterday-did the same thing, got all coiled up and I thought I heard a "hiss" :YIKES:

SouthernZ

That's a really pretty rat snake...it's typical for them to flatten their heads in defense, the same goes for water snakes and a lot of other non-venomous colubrids.

:wink: