SOMD Song

PsyOps

Pixelated
Many of you know I play the guitar. Much to Larry's consternation it’s jazz instead of head banging, guitar smashing, moshpit thrashing metal. Well I wrote a little song about SOMD. It’s just a simple little acoustic guitar piece that I hope kind of captures what someone might see in and around SOMD. And a bit of a tribute to this website since it’s brought me so much fun.

SoundClick artist: Foper Recordings - Home recording

Feel free to check my other stuff as well. Enjoy!

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A fine musician ! Would not lump you into just jazz.
A pleasant contemporary blend of jazz / classical / folk.
Much closer to New Age/Windham Hill kinda' sound even though
my first impression was Shadowfax, Phil Keaggy & Bruce Cockburn sort of rolled into one.
Beautiful music sir !

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
A fine musician ! Would not lump you into just jazz.
A pleasant contemporary blend of jazz / classical / folk.
Much closer to New Age/Windham Hill kinda' sound even though
my first impression was Shadowfax, Phil Keaggy & Bruce Cockburn sort of rolled into one.
Beautiful music sir !

You sound very well-versed musically. We need to gang up on Larry. Not much of a New Age and Smooth Jazz fan though. But I have lots of influences in jazz, classical and folk. I've been listening to Keaggy for decades. I got his "The Master and the Musician" a few months back and still haven't absorbed it all yet. My parents punished me :lol: with classical when I was a kid and it paid off in my overall understanding of music. But I am a diehard jazz man. My major guitar influences stem back to the mid 70s with DiMeola, Joe Pass, Tal Farlow, Wes Montgomery, George Benson (there are many others). But my biggest influence is Pat Metheny. When I heard him in ’78 my playing took a drastic turn; for the better (I think). Then in the past 5 – or so – years I’ve gotten into Tommy Emmanuel and other solo, thumb-picking players. I still haven't gotten that whole thumb-with-it's-own-mind concept down yet. If you've even watched TE you know what I mean. If you haven't I recommend checking some of his videos out on YouTube.

Thanks for listening to my stuff though... to EVERYONE!

RPMDAD

Psy very very nice. After hearing some of yours and Larry's playing i am officially disappointed / ashamed in calling myself a guitar player

Last edited:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Very, very nice! Gotta get me an ipod so I can buy it and listen in the car. Love acoustic guitar -- still have the 6-string I got when I was teenager, complete with strap with peace signs, :lmao:! You're very good! Are you sure you wouldn't sign with a label?