Cabinetmakers

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Anybody know any good cabinetmakers?
I need to find somebody that will modify some existing kitchen cabinets.
Thanks.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Ask Vince (he does woodworking), though he may not see this over here.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by kwillia
Ha... you may have a big house on several acres in Leonardtown, but your cabinets suck....:neener:
The cabinets are awesome (so is the house). But she bought new appliances and the fridge is too tall and the microwave exhaust fan cabinet needs modification. That’s what happens when you let the woman buy stuff, leads to more work.

By the way Kwill, there is a house for sale on Medleys Neck.
Between Whirlwind and Chingville, listed by Century 21.
Can not tell what it looks like, can't see it from the road.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by DoWhat
He went to the otherside?
Yeah, for the most part. He's over there more than over here because he has little time to check in.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
That’s what happens when you let the woman buy stuff, leads to more work.

sounds like a smart woman who knew she wanted all new kitchen cabinets and figured this would be the easiest and slickest way to go about it. :cool:

Vince

He went to the otherside?

Believe it or not this is the first time I've been able to post here during the daytime in many months. I'm able to read the threads, but can't post due to conflicts with the website and work computer. Hope today isn't temporary.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
The cabinets in my new house were built by Cord's Cabinetry in Mechanicsville. They are absolutely beautiful! :yay:

Vince

Thanks.

DoWhat, I wish I could help you, but I've got two built in bookcases going right now, a set of kitchen cabinets and someone else wants another set of cabinets built. I just don't have the time or room in the shop for more.:shrug:

Originally posted by jazz lady
The cabinets in my new house were built by Cord's Cabinetry in Mechanicsville. They are absolutely beautiful! :yay:
I have heard nothing but great stuff about them.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I just need to find a place to trim a 1/2" off the cabinet above the fridge. I already took it down and I was going to do it myself, but I think I might screw it up with my circular saw.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I just need to find a place to trim a 1/2" off the cabinet above the fridge. I already took it down and I was going to do it myself, but I think I might screw it up with my circular saw.

They will probably do that for you. They have a complete woodworking shop. I'll see if I can find their number for them.

There is not a border strip that runs along the bottom of the cabinet & hangs down below the bottom? How about along the top? I assume that the tops of the cabinet doors all line up, therefore if you took some off the top, they would no longer line up, thus looking bad. How long is the cabinet? I have a stainless steel straight edge that is about 6 feet long that I use when making long, straight cuts. Would be happy to loan it to you. If you do cut it, make sure you use a blade w/ a high tooth count, and as little offset to the teeth as possible. Also, apply a couple of layers of masking tape to the face of the cabinet before cutting.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Here you go!

Cord's Cabinetry Inc
29770 Three Notch Rd
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622

Phone: (301) 884-4909

It's in Charlotte Hall, not Mechanicsville as I stated above.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Re: Here you go!

Cord's Cabinetry Inc
29770 Three Notch Rd
Charlotte Hall, MD 20622

Phone: (301) 884-4909

It's in Charlotte Hall, not Mechanicsville as I stated above.
Thanks Jazz

Huntr, I was planning to trim off the bottom over hang.
Thanks for the offer, but I don't want to nick-up the cabinet, so I am seeking professional help.

Thanks.

You could also try Woodburns. He is expensive but everything is handmade and absolutely gorgeous

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Cabinetmakers

Originally posted by workin hard
You could also try Woodburns. He is expensive but everything is handmade and absolutely gorgeous
:yeahthat: Pat Woodburn makes great cabinets, not a bad guitar player either. 301-475-5680