Calvert County Fair

dgates80

Land of the lost
Lots of activity on the Calvert scanner coming from the fair on TAC3. Some fairly frazzeled sounding CSO's. Currently working two fights on the midway.

Somewhat entertaining.....

Lost kids, somebody drunk and being stupid, the usual....

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We were there from about 11:30-3:30 and only heard of one lost kid. People seemed rather calm and courteous.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We were there from about 11:30-3:30 and only heard of one lost kid. People seemed rather calm and courteous.

Yeah, but now it's Friday night! :lol:

We're going tomorrow, since I had to work today & didn't want Thing1 & Thing2 wandering around by themselves.

lisa8439

Yeah, but now it's Friday night! :lol:

We're going tomorrow, since I had to work today & didn't want Thing1 & Thing2 wandering around by themselves.

i.e. the major shift at nights... when the 'fair' becomes the babysitter! We have a month-long carnival where I grew up, and SO many parents would just drop their kids off every night at 6 with about $5 and pick them up around 10pm when the place was closing.

My parents were just like you, Bann... no way was I walking around that place without one of them there. Sucked for me as a teen when all of my friends got to go get high every night and I was either stuck at home or there *with* a parent, but now I appreciate their rules in so many ways...

too bad more parents out there aren't like that. Kudos to you :howdy:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
i.e. the major shift at nights... when the 'fair' becomes the babysitter! We have a month-long carnival where I grew up, and SO many parents would just drop their kids off every night at 6 with about $5 and pick them up around 10pm when the place was closing.

My parents were just like you, Bann... no way was I walking around that place without one of them there. Sucked for me as a teen when all of my friends got to go get high every night and I was either stuck at home or there *with* a parent, but now I appreciate their rules in so many ways...

too bad more parents out there aren't like that. Kudos to you :howdy:

I turned on the scanner when I saw this thread - and there was an 8yo & his 5yo brother (I think they are brothers) who are lost! That was about 7:45. I hope they've been reunited with their parents. I got distracted from the scanner for a bit.

But what in the heck is an 8yo & 5yo doing away from their parents that the cops are reporting it to dispatch - not having already been able to locate the parents nearby? I could understand turning around from getting food, etc. and the kids wandered off. Or they wander away from you briefly while you go to the bathroom, etc. But you usually turn around & immediately look for them! Geez, Louise.

Mine are hanging out with a friend each tomorrow. BUT, the friends' moms & I will be hanging around them. Not necessarily walking with them - but nearby. Plus, if I only give them a few bucks at a time - they have to come back!!! :killingme

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I turned on the scanner when I saw this thread - and there was an 8yo & his 5yo brother (I think they are brothers) who are lost! That was about 7:45. I hope they've been reunited with their parents. I got distracted from the scanner for a bit.

But what in the heck is an 8yo & 5yo doing away from their parents that the cops are reporting it to dispatch - not having already been able to locate the parents nearby? I could understand turning around from getting food, etc. and the kids wandered off. Or they wander away from you briefly while you go to the bathroom, etc. But you usually turn around & immediately look for them! Geez, Louise.

Mine are hanging out with a friend each tomorrow. BUT, the friends' moms & I will be hanging around them. Not necessarily walking with them - but nearby. Plus, if I only give them a few bucks at a time - they have to come back!!! :killingme

:evil: I like it !!!!